The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (7042/2A to 2T) 9 June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pxnyl_
Hello! For anyone doing component 2D (religious conflict and the church in England, c1529–c1570) does anyone have predictions or ideas of what might come up for the sources/ essays. Anything at all would be super helpful!! <33

hey!! i do component 2D as well and my teacher said she thinks there's going to be something on edward vi as it was completely removed from the spec last year :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by nozzpots
hey!! i do component 2D as well and my teacher said she thinks there's going to be something on edward vi as it was completely removed from the spec last year :smile:

Oh that's really good to know thank you!!
Reply 22
hello does anyone have any 2N predictions for sources + essay qs?
Reply 23
Original post by Pxnyl_
Oh that's really good to know thank you!!

last years extract was on religious change during mary's reign and the essays were: "to what extent was the break with rome a response to demands for religious reform?" "in the years 1541-1547 political factions were more important than henry viii in determining religious policy" and "challenges to the church of england in the 1560s were easily dealt with" hope this helps some more with your revision!! :smile:
Reply 24
Hey, does anyone do 2O Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945? If so do you have any predictions?
Reply 25
last years extract was on religious change during mary's reign and the essays were: "to what extent was the break with rome a response to demands for religious reform?" "in the years 1541-1547 political factions were more important than henry viii in determining religious policy" and "challenges to the church of England in the 1560s were easily dealt with" hope this helps some more with your revision!! :smile:

You are a godsend THANK YOUU <333 !!
anyone doing Russia 1917-53?
Reply 27
is anyone doing 2B wars of the roses? any predictions?
Reply 28
Is anyone doing 2G The Birth of the USA?
Reply 29
Original post by VVS_16
I'm taking components 1L and 2D

I'm struggling with my revision of component 2D (Religious conflict and the Church in England, c1529–c1570).

My source questions are strong, and on average I score 22/30, however, my 25m essays aren't great and I need to work on my knowledge more.

I'm aiming for an A and I'm struggling to structure my revision for this component specifically. If anyone doing this component has any useful revision material/sources I'd appreciate it if you shared them.

Also, any tips on how to score high on the component 1L Germany paper would be helpful too

Thanks!

Original post by Pxnyl_
Hello! For anyone doing component 2D (religious conflict and the church in England, c1529–c1570) does anyone have predictions or ideas of what might come up for the sources/ essays. Anything at all would be super helpful!! <33

I take option 2D too. Yeah my teacher thinks Edward will come up to, maybe the rebellions?
How are you guys revising for it? I've been doing essays and sources practice but do any of you have any videos or resources you've found helpful?
Reply 30
Original post by bunting0
I take option 2D too. Yeah my teacher thinks Edward will come up to, maybe the rebellions?
How are you guys revising for it? I've been doing essays and sources practice but do any of you have any videos or resources you've found helpful?

I've been doing the same thing and using the textbook as my main source of information, I find this quite useful. Unfortunately I haven't found any youtube channels that cover 2D but I think the textbook does a good enough job anyway. I would definitely recommend looking on the GetRevising part of tsr for resources (just type in c1529-1570 then the monarch you want) as oftentimes the notes from other people can be helpful for strengthening analysis in essays, especially under Edward which I feel is the more confusing monarch. Hope this helps in some way!
2R?
Reply 32
Original post by Pxnyl_
I've been doing the same thing and using the textbook as my main source of information, I find this quite useful. Unfortunately I haven't found any youtube channels that cover 2D but I think the textbook does a good enough job anyway. I would definitely recommend looking on the GetRevising part of tsr for resources (just type in c1529-1570 then the monarch you want) as oftentimes the notes from other people can be helpful for strengthening analysis in essays, especially under Edward which I feel is the more confusing monarch. Hope this helps in some way!

Yeah I haven't been able to find a youtube channel that specifically does 2D either. Thanks though I'll have a look at that :smile:
Reply 33
do you know what the questions were last year?
Original post by NathOlaj
Is anyone doing 2G The Birth of the USA?
hi, does anyone have any predictions for 2S: the making of modern Britain? Anything for the sources and essays? thanks!
Original post by kklh13
Hey, does anyone do 2O Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945? If so do you have any predictions?

I do but I'm really not sure. Does anyone does the Germany 2O course have any predictions/ strong feelings that certain topics will come up?!?!?!??
Reply 36
Does anyone do 2Q - American dream and illusion?
Reply 37
Hey everyone! I'm doing paper 2S. Sooooo nervous, especially because my paper 1 went absolutely terribly... If anyone has any tips on how to revise then please please let me know.
Reply 38
Any predictions for 2R- Cold War? Feel like its quite difficult to predict depth study tho.
Reply 39
Anyone doing American Civil war c1845?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending