The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (7042/2A to 2T) 9 June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganp3648
bolshevik consolidation sounds possible yh and Stalin's rise to power has been heavily featured in the essays so definitely possible for sources. maybe even foreign policy for either Lenin or Stalin for sources but I'm really not sure !!!

Original post by will20834
Does anyone know what came up last year for the 2N Russia paper (1917-1953)? It would really help with predictions.

first off I would not suggest predictions - this drives your time away from the general subject. examiners can run the same questions multiple years in a row nonetheless. But I can tell you last years if it is any constellation.

The sources were from march-may 1917 on dual authority (tough I know)
One was on whether Stalin led a totalitarian regime (6)
Stalin was lucky to emerge from the leadership struggle or lenin's foreign policy was a success (one of them) and i dont remember the other one
Reply 61
Original post by disasterspoake
first off I would not suggest predictions - this drives your time away from the general subject. examiners can run the same questions multiple years in a row nonetheless. But I can tell you last years if it is any constellation.

The sources were from march-may 1917 on dual authority (tough I know)
One was on whether Stalin led a totalitarian regime (6)
Stalin was lucky to emerge from the leadership struggle or lenin's foreign policy was a success (one of them) and i dont remember the other one

Thank you. I actually did that source as a mock a few months ago and only got 16/30, because we had hardly gone over it and I got so much of the context wrong lol.

I wasn't banking on predicting the questions and only revising those areas, I just find it pointless to write essays that have already come up and would prefer to practice writing for things that are more likely. Frankly, I think everyone needs to revise the whole course, at least briefly, for synopcicity and overall understanding of the chronology- I only use predictions as a focus for finding detailed stats and stuff.
Original post by c8ssid7mull8n
possibly part 5 - 1939 to 1951 as there has hardly been many questions on that section. What do you think?

unit 2,5,6 all gonna come up im saying. Last years questions were all pretty niche however so its kind of hard to predict except from Unit 1 which has been HAMMERED most years
Original post by Abbie-Jb
hey does anyone doing 2H (french revolution) have any predictions for sources or essay questions?

Im doing French rev. I really hope they ask questions than can be answered political/economic/social
does anyone know if they can ask us two questions on the same period/section of our course? like for making of modern britain (2s), could we get a source and an essay or two essays on the seventies, for example?
Reply 65
Original post by laurelcastillo7
does anyone know if they can ask us two questions on the same period/section of our course? like for making of modern britain (2s), could we get a source and an essay or two essays on the seventies, for example?

They haven't done that for mine before (i do USA). I think perhaps, as its depth, they could do it, but only if there's a variety of events to talk about. It would probs be more realistic for them to do qs from the start of date range, middle and nearer the end - dont quote me on that tho.
Reply 66
Original post by slayquee
Anyone 2S Making of Modern Britain have any predictions? Feels like I'm in a massive ocean of options that could be chosen & it's a bit overwhelming

Honestly same. Got no clue, I’m just revising everything and hoping for the best. There’s a higher probability that Major and 1970-79 will come up as they didn’t last year, but who knows. So far I’ve revised everything for 1970-79, Major and 1951-64, on to Blair today. Regret my choices so much history is literally the bane of my life can’t wait until Friday 9 and I never have to do it again 😭
Reply 67
Original post by laurelcastillo7

I think technically they could but they don’t tend to. I do 2S and they always tend to pick 4 different periods, start middle and end and balance between foreign, economic, social and political
Original post by sprggs
They haven't done that for mine before (i do USA). I think perhaps, as its depth, they could do it, but only if there's a variety of events to talk about. It would probs be more realistic for them to do qs from the start of date range, middle and nearer the end - dont quote me on that tho.

Original post by mollyg01
I think technically they could but they don’t tend to. I do 2S and they always tend to pick 4 different periods, start middle and end and balance between foreign, economic, social and political

ok thanks both of you! :smile:
Reply 69
1460s, maybe Henry 7th or Richard 3, I just really hope society and economy don't come up
Original post by pangolin :)
I'm doing 2B. I haven't got any predictions, what are you thinking could come up?
Anyone doing french revolution. Option 2H. I struggle so much with sources
yesss anyone for any predictions?

Original post by gojogojo
Does anyone do 2Q - American dream and illusion?
Reply 72
is anyone doing paper 2J- America: a nation divided??

any predictions? :confused::s-smilie:
Reply 73
Anyone doing 2D Tudor 1529-1570
Reply 74
anyone doing angevins?
Reply 75
Do you know what came up last year and the year before? x
Original post by To__j
1460s, maybe Henry 7th or Richard 3, I just really hope society and economy don't come up
Reply 76
Hi is anyone doing Cold War If so do you have any predictions ? I’m worried about this exam
Reply 77
Original post by 15hh
Hi is anyone doing Cold War If so do you have any predictions ? I’m worried about this exam

Yes but I have no predictions bc anything could come up yk😭 I’m so scared too don’t worry, we’ve got this :smile:
Original post by jubjustjubbing
unit 2,5,6 all gonna come up im saying. Last years questions were all pretty niche however so its kind of hard to predict except from Unit 1 which has been HAMMERED most years

yeah I agree - but yeah it so hard to predict with history
Original post by ade123456789
Anyone doing french revolution. Option 2H. I struggle so much with sources

hi! i do french revolution and i usually get around 7 or 8/10 on my sources, what part do you struggle with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending