The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (7042/2A to 2T) 9 June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbie-Jb
hey does anyone doing 2H (french revolution) have any predictions for sources or essay questions?

hey! i think for essays we might get economic/financial policies under the ancient regime, maybe something from the development of the terror or from topic 4 either directory/napoleons italian and egyptian campaigns
not sure for sources, but they've never asked a topic 6 source question before
Reply 81
Original post by beccacrw
Yes but I have no predictions bc anything could come up yk😭 I’m so scared too don’t worry, we’ve got this :smile:

Korea war hasn’t come up for a while .I’m hoping the sources is on the collapse of communism
Reply 82
Original post by 15hh
Korea war hasn’t come up for a while .I’m hoping the sources is on the collapse of communism

I was thinking Korea or Vietnam tbf, sources on collapse on communism would be a dream!!
what do people think is going to come up for the making of modern britain? i'm revising economics but i'm not entirely sure.
Any predictions for 2e?
what do people think will come up for 2s (the making of modern britain)? i've revised economics and am currently looking over thatcherite society but i'm npt entirely sure
Original post by myanchovies
what do people think will come up for 2s (the making of modern britain)? i've revised economics and am currently looking over thatcherite society but i'm npt entirely sure

sinking feeling that we'll get at least one qs on society
Hi, if anyone is doing Making of Modern Britain(2S) I made an exam thread to speak everything about the exam :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359754
Original post by petcolchester
Does anyone have any tips for the essays? I can never get higher than like half marks

- always refer to the EXACT wording of the q and like how valid it is
- make your judgement consistent: history teachers hate it when u change halfway through
- for As/A*s you MUST evaluate the importance of a factor - in each para, after you've said whatever u think you also need to see, but this could be challenged by blah blah blah. EG, if writing a para on stalin's leadership in WW2 as good, as an evaluation i would say 'but for the first two weeks of the war he went into recluse and molotov had to announce news of the war to the ppl rather than stalin. Nonetheless, his leadership was mostly good during WW2 so [link to the q and whatever my judgement is]
- precise stats - eg, Trotsky's train covered 65,000 miles in the russian civil war, not just that 'Trotsky used a train'
Reply 89
For people doing 2D do you think it's likely the source qeustion will be something on Henry? I had convinced myself that the source is more likely to be either on Edward or Msry/Elizabeth but I'm starting to realise it could be on Henry's break from rome? I dont remember that ever being a source question but do let me know if I'm wrong about this!
Reply 90
Original post by Pxnyl_
For people doing 2D do you think it's likely the source qeustion will be something on Henry? I had convinced myself that the source is more likely to be either on Edward or Msry/Elizabeth but I'm starting to realise it could be on Henry's break from rome? I dont remember that ever being a source question but do let me know if I'm wrong about this!

Honestly feel like history is the most difficult to predict and that it could basically be anything
Reply 91
Original post by bunting0
Honestly feel like history is the most difficult to predict and that it could basically be anything

That's true ig :frown:
Original post by zzkng
is anyone doing 2K international relations and global conflict? i think its an uncommon one so not sure if anyone has any predictions

im doing it too and its so frustrating that theres nothing about it ANYWHERE IM STRESSED
Reply 93
Does anyone do 2O here (Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945)?
What topics would likely come up for questions?
Reply 94
Anyone doing angevins?
anyone have predictions for the english revolution 1625-1660 (2E)
Reply 96
Original post by englishstudent14
anyone have predictions for the english revolution 1625-1660 (2E)

1640-42 essay hasn’t been on since 2018 so i think that might come up and also charles’s personal rule success/failure. i’m hoping 1625-29 essay will come up as it comes up every year
Original post by ruby333
1640-42 essay hasn’t been on since 2018 so i think that might come up and also charles’s personal rule success/failure. i’m hoping 1625-29 essay will come up as it comes up every year

thank you, do you or anyone also know what the questions last year were for 2E?
Reply 98

i don’t know the exact questions but the sources were on radical groups and the essays were one on crowmells legacy one on 1625-29 and one on wentworth in ireland x

Original post by ruby333
i don’t know the exact questions but the sources were on radical groups and the essays were one on crowmells legacy one on 1625-29 and one on wentworth in ireland x

hey, I’ve not got 2022 questions but I just wanted to ask, how are you guys revising it?? I feel like nothings gone in for the last 2 years and now I’m struggling with where to start or how to revise as there is just so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending