The Student Room Group

SFE for five years?

So I took a foundation year and now entered a four year degree. This means I am entitled to 5 years of funding right? On my fifth year, it will be a gift year funding…how does that work? Do I apply for sfe the same way as the previous years or is it different for that gift year? Thanks!
Original post by Catlova67
So I took a foundation year and now entered a four year degree. This means I am entitled to 5 years of funding right? On my fifth year, it will be a gift year funding…how does that work? Do I apply for sfe the same way as the previous years or is it different for that gift year? Thanks!

Hi there,
The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.

If your course is 5 years in total then you would apply as normal for the funding for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there,
The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.

If your course is 5 years in total then you would apply as normal for the funding for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

The course I am on is four years. I’ve already done one year elsewhere then transferred. I have two years left, do I apply to funding as normal?
Original post by Catlova67
The course I am on is four years. I’ve already done one year elsewhere then transferred. I have two years left, do I apply to funding as normal?

Hi there,

There isn't a set amount of years that you're entitled to, it depends on the length of your new course and your previous study.

So, in your case it sounds like you just have one year of previous study, is that right? If so, you'll be entitled to funding for the duration of any new course you study.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending