The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Higher tier Maths Paper 1 1H (1MA1) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jiungie
Both.

it's very wordy to explain moving sin cos and tan graphs by writing, so there's probably videos online about it. good luck!

also i think it's unlikely that you'll be asked to move tan, normally it's just cos and sin
:aetsch:well doneeee, thats sooo gooodddd
:danceboy::party:
Reply 62
Original post by Bksa
it's very wordy to explain moving sin cos and tan graphs by writing, so there's probably videos online about it. good luck!

also i think it's unlikely that you'll be asked to move tan, normally it's just cos and sin

I have done some practise, not too confident (I feel half confident yet not confident at the same time) but I am going to go over as many questions as I can.
thank you!!
Original post by study_buddy7
good for you!
but did u do it in timed conditions
and u prob anready did questions from the paper b4 or in class, so u cant feel soo confident, as the questions youll see tomorrow u will ahve never seen before

it was a paper i had never seen before, questions i hadnt seen before, and i finished it within an hour with 30 mins spare
Reply 64
Maths and English are the only 2 papers I've seriously put months of revision for them to have a paper now, and I'm shaking
Original post by Niafushi
Maths and English are the only 2 papers I've seriously put months of revision for them to have a paper now, and I'm shaking

Sounds like you are as prepared as you possibly could be. That's the only thing you can control so that's the only thing that matters!
Reply 66
Original post by Evil Homer
Sounds like you are as prepared as you possibly could be. That's the only thing you can control so that's the only thing that matters!

Yea I guess when u phrase it that way it sounds better, thanks
Reply 67
Watch this video for last minute revision: https://youtu.be/RkuZtGV2kx0
Hi, i just wanted to ask which sin, cos and tan exact values we need to know because some people are saying one thing and others are saying something else. Please respond ASAP so that i might have a chance to learn them becasue i have only learnt some of them. Thanks
Reply 69
My stress levels for this exam are through the roof. I had 3 exams today and I feel so burnt out from them, I only managed 2 of the 4 papers I was planning on doing. I'm going to bed in a bit, but I will try to wake early to get at least one more done. Realising I may only get a 6 which is quite disappointing but there's so much I cannot recall, and I'm already kinda starting to give up
Reply 70
Original post by Agent599494
Hi, i just wanted to ask which sin, cos and tan exact values we need to know because some people are saying one thing and others are saying something else. Please respond ASAP so that i might have a chance to learn them becasue i have only learnt some of them. Thanks

https://thirdspacelearning.com/gcse-maths/geometry-and-measure/exact-trig-values/
Good luck everyone :smile:

You've got this!
Reply 73
i think that exam was easier than every past paper ive ever done. question 1 took me the longest i think LOL . It just felt horrible but got it in the end
Original post by Rwalter7
i think that exam was easier than every past paper ive ever done. question 1 took me the longest i think LOL . It just felt horrible but got it in the end

Congratulations! Super happy to hear that :smile:
Reply 75
This definitely went pretty well.
Reply 76
What was the first question about?
Reply 77
Original post by giggia
What was the first question about?

it was 8.46 / 0.15
idk why i struggled, i think my brain just wasn't in 'maths mode' yet

i agree. the last question was quite vague though, just a set of values. It didnt say if they were integers or not.

i cant tell whether i did well or absolutely flopped LOL 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending