The Student Room Group

AQA A Level German Paper 2 7662/2 - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A Level German Paper 2 exam go?

AQA A-level German Paper 2 (7662) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023, am
Length: 2hrs

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/german-7662

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone else doing das Leben der Anderen or der Vorleser?
Original post by moccix

Yep, I am!
Original post by moccix

I do both as well :smile: Do u have any predictions of what might come up?
Reply 4
here's a list of what's come up before for DLDA + DV:

Der Vorleser

- 2018: Liebe + aus welchen Gründen hatte das Werk viel Erfolg
- 2019: „Hannas Leben ist ein einziger Kampf mit ihrer Schwäche.“ + „Der Vorleser stellt das Scheitern menschlicher Beziehungen dar.“
- 2020: Welche Techniken benutzt Schlink, um ein interessantes Werk zu schaffen? + „Zwischen Michael und allen anderen Personen im Roman bleibt immer eine Distanz.“
- 2021: „Michael hätte mehr machen können, um Hanna zu helfen.“ + Scham und Schuld

Das Leben der Anderen

- 2018: die Technik des Regisseurs + die Beziehung zwischen Kunst und Politik in der DDR
- 2019: Musik und Farben + „Georg Dreyman ist ein größerer Held als Gerd Wiesler.“
- 2020: Inwiefern war das Leben der Künstler sowohl glücklich als auch privilegiert? + Leben in der DDR
- 2021: Wahrheit und Lüge + „Am Ende des Films ist Gerd Wiesler ein glücklicherer Mensch als am Anfang.“
Reply 5
so, these themes haven't been asked about before (hope this helps) :

Der Vorleser:
- Vergangenheitsbewältigung
- Michaels Reise
- Gertrud
- Michaels Familie
- die überlebende Tochter

Das Leben der Anderen:
- Beobachten
- Stasi-Methoden (although in 2018 the question asks how did Donnersmarck show the power of the DDR government)
- Sauberkeit
- Karriere
- Figuren wie Grubitz, Hempf, Christa, Jerska, Paul Hauser
Sauberkeit and the importance of events on Dreyman’s career were the 2022 questions for DLDA

and impact of the past on the present + presentation of Hanna for Vorleser
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
is there a book to see what sort of questions they could ask us on DLDA- i feel like it could be practially anthing :s-smilie:
Reply 8
anyone for predictions for der besuch der alten dame?
does anyone have a mark scheme/ what to do for top grades for the essays?
Reply 10
wdym by sauberkeit bc how is cleanliness linked to DLDA i dont understand :frown:

Original post by Rebeccamaurier
Sauberkeit and the importance of events on Dreyman’s career were the 2022 questions for DLDA

and impact of the past on the present + presentation of Hanna for Vorleser
Original post by FARKAS
wdym by sauberkeit bc how is cleanliness linked to DLDA i dont understand :frown:

I did it for my mock, I spoke about Christa Marie and how her showers reflected her guilt and shame, and then talked about how the state is obsessed with maintaining 'Sauberkeit' to mean loyalty to the DDR, ie. Dreyman was 'sauberer als sauber' at the beginning
Reply 12
Original post by rebeccamaurier
i did it for my mock, i spoke about christa marie and how her showers reflected her guilt and shame, and then talked about how the state is obsessed with maintaining 'sauberkeit' to mean loyalty to the ddr, ie. Dreyman was 'sauberer als sauber' at the beginning

ahh ok thank you!!
i actually know nothing omd
Reply 14
Original post by annaolivex
i actually know nothing omd

had no motivation for this exam not only because its my last but bc its only worth 20% 😭

i say 'only' as if its not the paper that always drags my grade lol
Does anyone know the questions for Besuch der alten Dame last year?
(edited 10 months ago)
any predictions about goodbye lenin?
Original post by LucyAlexFord
Does anyone know the questions for Besuch der alten Dame last year?

"Ich wollte das Publikum unterhalten" Inwiefern ist es ihrer Meinung nach Durrenmatt gelungen, dieses Ziel zu erreichen?

Welche Aspekte der gesellschaft kritisiert Durrenmatt in diesem Theaterstuck
Reply 18
Original post by annaolivex
anyone for predictions for der besuch der alten dame?

not 100% sure but i’m praying for a question on Alfred Ill🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Reply 19
Original post by FARKAS

I don’t do DLDA as my set film however I did do it for my IRP and I spoke about how Christa uses the shower to wash away her guilt due to her affair with Hempf and also for betraying Dreyman (telling the stasi about the typewriter). Also spoke about how the Shower curtain is a metaphor for the barrier between Christa and Dreyman and the lied within their relationship. Obviously not loads but hopefully it gives you some sort of idea x

Latest

Trending

Trending