The Student Room Group

How to get 85% on a physiotherapy uni essay?

Hiyaa,

Anyone ever gotten 85%+ on a physiotherapy essay/reflective portfolio?
Any tips?

Cheers lads
Original post by if949A
Hiyaa,

Anyone ever gotten 85%+ on a physiotherapy essay/reflective portfolio?
Any tips?

Cheers lads

More presenting females than lads in my physio cohort.

Physiotherapy essay and reflective portfolio are very different. With the former, you are required to be more critical, succinct and structured, depending on what module the essay is from. A lot more research needed and references used so more time consuming. If you are more academic minded and find research straight forward then you are likely to score higher.

Reflective portfolio relies more on your self awareness, what went well/not so well and where you’d like to improve and how you’ll go about doing it. Some people aren’t able to reflect that well. Some find it difficult. Others find it easy.

I prefer reflection over research. I despise critical appraisal essays. Not my thing at all.

85% for either is one heck of a grade though. Doable for reflective but you need to be one smart cookie to get 85% for a critically appraised essay imho.
Reply 2
How would you get 85%+ on a reflective portfolio specifically? Say the topic is to reflect on a patient case you were involved in.
Lectures of this module are NOT easy to please - giving out firsts is criminal to them and majority of the cohort did poor that they sent out an email telling us to take "Big breaths before looking at our results". But I'd be open to any advice from you if you think it's possible.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending