The Student Room Group

UCAS exams in year 12

Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and am revising for my mocks in June. My teachers are saying that we have exams in June that are called "UCAS mocks" and that we have to do well in them. The problem is they are expecting high B's minimum to predict an A grade and otherwise will only predict our grades with what we get. I understand this however it is a lot of pressure as we only just got notice that these exams will be used to "predict our application grades" and they will not accept us into year 13 if we fail them. Im applying to medicine so I need 3 A's minimum, so I am really stressed as I have less than 2 months to go from Es and Ds/Cs to A's. The teachers are also adding more pressure saying that they are going to take into consideration our 2 previous mocks that we sat a month into A-levels and another after Christmas, which I had Covid during both sets of mocks (I know unlucky) and did average in Biology and Got E's in chem and econ. I wanted to ask if my school is trying to scare us as my friends other schools have their UCAS mocks in May and are also extremely stressed as it is pretty early. Subject teachers are calling them our main exams but when we do assemblies they say that we have 2 more mocks after summer (I believe one in september and one in november). Is this just a way to make us study this easter or will they actually use these grades for predictions? I am obviously willing to do my best in these exams but for subjects like chemistry a C/B grade will be a miracle. Thank you
medicine is early entry in October so its quite likely these will be used to determine your predicted grades as the mocks will be too late, the September mocks might be used as an additional piece of information however the weight that is placed on mocks for predicted grades will differ from school to school. however, a lot of schools do use the may/June mocks as the main outline for predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest