The Student Room Group

If you had superpowers!

Just random but what would you do if you could have any superpower for a day? How would you use it to make a positive impact in your community or the world?

Scroll to see replies

I'd have the power of healing. Being able to cure incurable diseases, or heal people who are on death's doorstop from some horrific accident, would be the most rewarding superpower.
I'd build an Iron Man style suit so I was still essentially super when the powers wore off. Then I would put an end to world war with a huge war.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'd have the power of healing. Being able to cure incurable diseases, or heal people who are on death's doorstop from some horrific accident, would be the most rewarding superpower.

Honest question, how would you cope with the queue and decide who had priority?
Original post by StriderHort
Honest question, how would you cope with the queue and decide who had priority?

I wouldn't advertise it, so hopefully no queue. I'd try to be as discreet as possible. Things would get a bit insane if I broadcasted it.

As for deciding who has priority, well as I wouldn't have super speed or teleportation or anything, there'd be limits to where I could go and how many people I could help. Children would probably be my first priority, as they'd be missing out on more life than an elderly person. I suppose the best way to go about that, would be to dress up as a superhero and go to entertain children in local hospices, and perform a few miraculous cures whilst I'm at it. Plus if anybody did put two and two together and realise that these kids were getting cured after having had a visit from a costumed entertainer, at least my real identity would be hidden.

Edit: just realised the OP said it was only for a day. Well same principle I suppose. If I could cure as many dying children as possible within 1 day, that'll do.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by skiDaddy
Just random but what would you do if you could have any superpower for a day? How would you use it to make a positive impact in your community or the world?

I would've removed sadness from the planet even if it was a day only. 'Coz people are too sad these days.
Reply 6
Original post by Meheraj
I would've removed sadness from the planet even if it was a day only. 'Coz people are too sad these days.

Original post by StriderHort
I'd build an Iron Man style suit so I was still essentially super when the powers wore off. Then I would put an end to world war with a huge war.

A huge war?@StriderHort
Reply 7
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I wouldn't advertise it, so hopefully no queue. I'd try to be as discreet as possible. Things would get a bit insane if I broadcasted it.

As for deciding who has priority, well as I wouldn't have super speed or teleportation or anything, there'd be limits to where I could go and how many people I could help. Children would probably be my first priority, as they'd be missing out on more life than an elderly person. I suppose the best way to go about that, would be to dress up as a superhero and go to entertain children in local hospices, and perform a few miraculous cures whilst I'm at it. Plus if anybody did put two and two together and realise that these kids were getting cured after having had a visit from a costumed entertainer, at least my real identity would be hidden.

Edit: just realised the OP said it was only for a day. Well same principle I suppose. If I could cure as many dying children as possible within 1 day, that'll do.

would you be doing it for free?
Get people out of unsafe situations and environments and take them to a safe space so far away from their abusers
Reply 9
Original post by CatsAreFab
Get people out of unsafe situations and environments and take them to a safe space so far away from their abusers

But then the next day after your powers are gone?
Reply 10
Original post by Meheraj

good you noted that it would be for only one day....life can't be what it is without sadness involved
would you be doing it for free?

Of course. What kind of monster would charge families of dying children if it's not costing me anything to help them?
good you noted that it would be for only one day....life can't be what it is without sadness involved

Yeah, 'coz I know the harsh reality is it can't be diminished completely. I really ******* don't like this ****. Everyone deserves to be happy but they can't. :sad:

Anyway, you didn't mention your one though.
But then the next day after your powers are gone?

Well I can’t do anything about that. I’ll just have to not take a rest that day so I can go through as many people as I can
Reply 15
Original post by Meheraj
Anyway, you didn't mention your one though.

I'll like to have the power of invincibility. I'll use half the day to save people and do good. then the other half would be for disappearing from the rest of the world and all my problems
I'll like to have the power of invincibility. I'll use half the day to save people and do good. then the other half would be for disappearing from the rest of the world and all my problems

That's a great one!
Reply 17
Original post by CatsAreFab
Well I can’t do anything about that. I’ll just have to not take a rest that day so I can go through as many people as I can

but then there would still be the guilt of not being able to do enough for those people and many others
Reply 18
Original post by Meheraj
Yeah, 'coz I know the harsh reality is it can't be diminished completely. I really ******* don't like this ****. Everyone deserves to be happy but they can't. :sad:

wise words there brother
but then there would still be the guilt of not being able to do enough for those people and many others

Not for me, I will be proud of myself that I made a big impact to their lives in just 24 hours

Quick Reply

Latest