The Student Room Group

ODEON cinema interview advice?

I've got an interview at my local odeon in a few days, does anyone have any advice on how to answer any questions that might be asked, how to dress, etc?
Anything helpful would be appreciated !!! This is only my second job interview ever so I'm pretty nervous..
Reply 1
during my interview most people were dressed smart casual. not suit and tie but not like you just rolled out of bed obviously. the questions we were asked were pretty simple, for the group questions and problem solving it was just getting to know your personality and seeing if you have good ideas and can work in a team. then the individual interview is the same type of thing but they might ask what the "perfect odeon cinema experience" would be or when the last time you saw a film was, what it was and how you felt about it. my advice is keep calm and show some enthusiasm about films and a good personality :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Spelunker
during my interview most people were dressed smart casual. not suit and tie but not like you just rolled out of bed obviously. the questions we were asked were pretty simple, for the group questions and problem solving it was just getting to know your personality and seeing if you have good ideas and can work in a team. then the individual interview is the same type of thing but they might ask what the "perfect odeon cinema experience" would be or when the last time you saw a film was, what it was and how you felt about it. my advice is keep calm and show some enthusiasm about films and a good personality :smile:

thank you very much!! :smile:
the "perfect odeon cinema experience" was a part of my application actually, around 100 words written alongside your CV instead of a cover letter.
Reply 3
A quick addition in case anyone stumbles across this in the future :>

The interview was 1-2-1 (although there were 2 members of staff, so, 1-2-2???? idk lol) and lasted about 20 minutes.
It was more casually toned than the previous interviews I'd had elsewhere, and the staff talking with me were both really friendly, which I liked.

I can't remember all the questions, but here's some of the ones I do remember:

General info:

-What are you currently doing (fulltime/parttime student, employed, unemployed, etc)
-Are you legally old enough to serve alcohol (I'm over 20 but I look very young)
-Would you be happy to work in the adjoining parts of the cinema (there's a coffee shop + pizza parlour attached and considered "part" of the Odeon)
-What uniform size you'd wear
-What name/pronouns/fav movie you'd like listed on your badge
-Can you work nights and do you have a safe way to and from the cinema (bus, cab, do you drive)

As for more job specific:

-Why would you say team work is important
-A couple of scenario questions (what would you do if...)
-What superpower would you like to have and how would you use it at work
-What is your availability (& do you have any upcoming/planned holidays or other commitments)
-Do you remember the first experience you had at a cinema

-Do you have any questions for us

There were a few more questions but those are the ones I can remember right now sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending