The Student Room Group

RCM or Juilliard for BMus?

hi everyone, current offer holder for both BMus (Hons) from RCM in London and Juilliard in NYC. I'm an international applicant from Asia and receive scholarships for both so the tuition fees do not really matter. I enjoy playing instruments and performing in orchestras and concerts. I don't have a preference of location as both are located in metropolises like my hometown. Nevertheless, it appears to me that both have similar reputation in the field of music and a degree from either one would be great in job applications. Both institutions have professors and staff members who I would like to approach to. In short, which should I choose, RCM or Juilliard?
Reply 1
I would choose Juilliard, its so much more competitive to get into and RCM is not that great for the university experience - they don't really have a student presence and use Imperial College London as their student bar for example.
Reply 2
My 4 years at the RCM were the best - yes we used IC’s Bar when we got tired of our own, but baRCM (:wink:) always had great parties because you would know everyone there. Location is unrivalled with Hyde Park on your doorstep and it is equally as competitive if not more so than Juilliard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending