The Student Room Group

Can I get into Stanford, Harvard or Yale?

MY ECS
Author of political dystopian book with 20 5 star reviews
Founder and President of regional culture club
Founder and President of regional politics society
Founder and CEO of eLearning non-profit for GCSEs and A level
General Secretary of Model U.N Club
Member of Debating Society
Writer for Student Newspaper
Creator of Science podcast w/ many monthly listeners and followers
Creator of Politics podcast w/ many monthly listeners and followers
Harvard Neuroscience Summer Program
HPQ with A - How has Twitter revolutionized American politics?

I achieved a 1560 on the SAT and an ACT of 34
In GCSEs I got: 9999888886 and my predicted A level grades are A*A*A*A Thanks!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Honestly I do think u can get in especially because of ur leadership and non-profit
Reply 2
I don’t see why not. But do you mind if I ask: what’s the book called??
I've been in the industry for the past 7 yrs.

You have a good profile, but I have a few concerns:

Coherent story

Spike

Reason

When I look at your activities list, I don't see one thing that jumps out or a theme that unifies them. It will be your job to explain this to colleges or spend the next few months pushing your activities in a certain direction to make your 'story' more coherent.

Gone are the days when colleges want a general profile. They want you to be generally capable in both academics and personal traits, but specialized in focus and accomplishments. For example, if you're applying for engineering, you don't need to be good at painting, but your ability to sell your paintings might show an entrepreneurial side that colleges appreciate.

This brings me to the next point. You don't want to be pretty good at a handful of things. You want to be exceptional at one or two. Think about what these things might be for you, and how you can really push these projects forwards in the next few months. For me the book and GCSE nonprofit stand out the most.

Finally, think about your reason for wanting to go to the US - think about what you want to do beyond uni. What matters to you? These are questions you will have to answer to have the best shot at a US uni.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending