The Student Room Group

Biomedical or Law?

Hello, my name is Z I am going to give a basic introduction before I move on to the question so feel free to skip if needed. I am going to be a graduating high school senior in the next 3 months. I am graduating with my high school degree and an associate diploma in science due to taking a high amount of college and high school classes.

My question is what is better Biomedical or Law? Not really what is better but more of what should I choose. I want to be able to research stem cell development but at the same time, I'm good at arguing using rules that are set in place. I have a passion for both Law and Biomed but I have been pondering whether I should do both or anchor down and just choose one. There are 2 ways that this can play out 1:I Pick one major and focus solely on that one major 2:I take the biomedical route and then later on apply for law school.
Are you based in the US? A lot of the terms you use seem to be US ones. Bear in mind most using this forum are UK students or international students aiming to study at UK unis. The process for qualifying as a lawyer in the US and UK and the educational formats are quite different so it would be useful to understand this so you can get accurate advice :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Are you based in the US? A lot of the terms you use seem to be US ones. Bear in mind most using this forum are UK students or international students aiming to study at UK unis. The process for qualifying as a lawyer in the US and UK and the educational formats are quite different so it would be useful to understand this so you can get accurate advice :smile:

I am based in the US.
Original post by Zemmy3
I am based in the US.

I thought that might be the case :smile: I've moved your thread to the studying in North America forum!

As for your query in the US you can major in biosciences then go to law school, and since you need your undergraduate degree before going to law school (as a JD is a graduate degree) you don't need to make any decisions yet on that front. So just aim to get started on your bachelors and start taking the necessary classes to declare a major in bioscience and then see if you want to continue that route or go for another major.

Once you come up to your senior year you can make a decision between going into a research degree in biosciences (if you stuck with that) or law school (or something else).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending