The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme 2024

Hi everyone, it seems like there haven't been a lot of posts etc for the 2024 round of applications and I saw this was done for last year's cohort. Might be a little late lol but comment ur gcse's, a levels, ecs etc would be nice to see more applicants.
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jtxk
Hi everyone, it seems like there haven't been a lot of posts etc for the 2024 round of applications and I saw this was done for last year's cohort. Might be a little late lol but comment ur gcse's, a levels, ecs etc would be nice to see more applicants.

hey there! I applied this year and I am currently stressing out so much because they watched my video only once, not in its entirety and some people on other discussions say that their video was watched twice. How is the case for you? If they watched it, how much did they watch of it?
Reply 2
Original post by crispybutterfly
hey there! I applied this year and I am currently stressing out so much because they watched my video only once, not in its entirety and some people on other discussions say that their video was watched twice. How is the case for you? If they watched it, how much did they watch of it?

Don't stress !! They might have loved your video so much they only watched it once and got whatever info they wanted from you and it seemed like in other discussions they also stopped watching pretty early on in their videos. Plus if you go through older threads you'd see people who's video were never even watched 😭 How long was your video tho? Mine was only 3 minutes long

Highkey I'm scared cause of I've seen some of the ones public on YouTube and they all seem really good- tho the vid is supposed to unlisted so maybe they might deduct points for it?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by jtxk
Don't stress !! They might have loved your video so much they only watched it once and got whatever info they wanted from you and it seemed like in other discussions they also stopped watching pretty early on in their videos. Plus if you go through older threads you'd see people who's video were never even watched 😭 How long was your video tho? Mine was only 3 minutes long

Highkey I'm scared cause of I've seen some of the ones public on YouTube and they all seem really good- tho the vid is supposed to unlisted so maybe they might deduct points for it?

hi there! that is really comforting to hear, thank you. my video was 5 min long. also, hm idk if they might deduct any points for the vids being public but i doubt it. im so scared haha anyways :smile:
Reply 4
hi there! that is really comforting to hear, thank you. my video was 5 min long. also, hm idk if they might deduct any points for the vids being public but i doubt it. im so scared haha anyways :smile:

Same I'm really scared cause we have less than 2 weeks left till the results and I don't think I'd be able to apply to US unis without Sutton Trust so much on the line rn
Original post by jtxk
Same I'm really scared cause we have less than 2 weeks left till the results and I don't think I'd be able to apply to US unis without Sutton Trust so much on the line rn

Fingers crossed 😭 it is also so annoying that we want this so much but all we can do right now is just sit and wait…
Reply 6
Fingers crossed 😭 it is also so annoying that we want this so much but all we can do right now is just sit and wait…

Exactly cause I have no clue how they are deciding what cause my gcses aren't all 9s etc 😭 Plus there are 1000+ applications it's wild
Reply 7
Original post by jtxk
hii!
a levels: english lit, politics, philosophy & epq

my gcse grades were : 999887777

i didn’t have that many ec’s cause my school didn’t offer much😭😭 so i’m really worried but i mentioned debate club , spelling bee , prefect , consideration for head girl, poem published in a book, 2 awards at uni of brum, selected to visit keble college oxford due to my predicteds, ncs, apart of 4 people in my school who got only 7s and above and i mentioned doing an epq this year but everyone else’s seem so impressive
Reply 8
Original post by rrae-1
hii!
a levels: english lit, politics, philosophy & epq

my gcse grades were : 999887777

i didn’t have that many ec’s cause my school didn’t offer much😭😭 so i’m really worried but i mentioned debate club , spelling bee , prefect , consideration for head girl, poem published in a book, 2 awards at uni of brum, selected to visit keble college oxford due to my predicteds, ncs, apart of 4 people in my school who got only 7s and above and i mentioned doing an epq this year but everyone else’s seem so impressive
That's so impressive jeez
Reply 9
Original post by jtxk
That's so impressive jeez
thank you so much!! i really hope we all get in its so nerve racking 😭😭 i hope they send the email out next week 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Original post by rrae-1
thank you so much!! i really hope we all get in its so nerve racking 😭😭 i hope they send the email out next week 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I am terrified as well haha literally shaking 😭
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am terrified as well haha literally shaking 😭
awhh don’t worry!! i’m sure we’ll get in i was reading last years forum and found out everyone got their emails from sutton trust at different times which is SUPER annoying i really hope they’re more consistent this year
Original post by rrae-1
awhh don’t worry!! i’m sure we’ll get in i was reading last years forum and found out everyone got their emails from sutton trust at different times which is SUPER annoying i really hope they’re more consistent this year
Do you think they’ll come out on Friday???
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do you think they’ll come out on Friday???
yess i’m hoping we’ve waited far too long
Original post by rrae-1
Fingers crossed for everyone here 🥹
Reply 15
Original post by rrae-1
Sameeee I hope they send it early next week latest by 1st of March😭🤞
Original post by rrae-1

That's so annoying
Original post by rrae-1
I wonder when the previous year got theirs back? was it march or late feb?
Reply 18
I wonder when the previous year got theirs back? was it march or late feb?
i think they got it the 1st of march! i’m not sure tho they said sutton trust delayed it and it was rolling admissions
Hi! I was just wondering, did anyone put they had extenuating circumstances that May have affected a part of their application? My GCSEs weren’t the best and idk if extenuating circumstances would really be taken into account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending