The Student Room Group

OCR A A-level Physics Paper 1 Modelling Physics (H556/01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PM-G_555
Does anyone know what topics are likely to come up in OCR A physics this year

you cant predict what topics are gonna come up, they can ask anything
Reply 21
Its late, but im doing the may 2022 paper 1 and I cant work out multiple choice question 1 - any help?
what’s the question?? I don’t have the 2022 paper on me the schools kept it🙄🙄

Original post by Blaze a
Its late, but im doing the may 2022 paper 1 and I cant work out multiple choice question 1 - any help?
Reply 23
Original post by Blaze a

I'm assuming you mean the one with the table on vector and scalar quantities?

It cannot be A, as acceleration is not a scalar.
It cannot be B as displacement is not a scalar.
It cannot be C as wavelength is not a vector, it just has magnitude.
Hence it must be D.
Reply 24
Good luck everyone
Reply 25
Original post by ConnorK05
I'm assuming you mean the one with the table on vector and scalar quantities?

It cannot be A, as acceleration is not a scalar.
It cannot be B as displacement is not a scalar.
It cannot be C as wavelength is not a vector, it just has magnitude.
Hence it must be D.

Yeah i got that, thank you
Reply 26
do we have to memorise the value for 1 AU?
Reply 27
Original post by Tinasarta
do we have to memorise the value for 1 AU?

It’s not given in the equation sheet so Yh
Reply 28
I’ve sat every paper from 2017 to 2022 and have average around 72%. I’m aiming for an A, but given the grade boundaries will be so high, will it be possible. People are saying we’re going back to 2019 grade boundaries, so what affect will this have on the paper. Will it be harder compared to recent years?
Reply 29
I wouldn't say that we are necessarily going back to 2019 grade boundaries, rather the proportion of A*s awarded will be returning to pre-covid level grade boundaries which includes 2017,2018 and 2019. Although it will most almost definitely be low or high 80s for an A*, it just depends on whether the government applies an over correction and makes it too strict or gives us a bit of leeway. Another thing to keep in mind is that grade boundaries always tend to naturally rise the longer a spec is out, so really its a bit hard to tell this time round.
Im guessing that it will be around the same level papers just higher grade boundaries. Last yr A* was 211/270 and 2019 was 230/270 so im guessing around the 220/225 mark.
Good luck for tomorrow! Here's to a great paper! :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 31
The low-end of the grade boundaries will change a bit.
Don't think the high end of the grade boundary gonna change.
Reply 32
Original post by PM-G_555
Does anyone know what topics are likely to come up in OCR A physics this year

Astrophysics are less likely as OCR asked a lot of astrophysics in the 2022 paper.
Original post by Z_GAMER
Astrophysics are less likely as OCR asked a lot of astrophysics in the 2022 paper.

Thank ****, astro is a *****
Reply 34
Do we need to know about Obler's Paradox, Critical Density of the Universe and the fate of the universe (one, closed and flat)?
Original post by Anon69420lol
Thank ****, astro is a *****

Lol mb i didnt know things get censored on here
Reply 36
Original post by boolis05
Anyone else stressing and feel like they have not done enough, I've done over 40 past papers (in total) but compared to some people I know it doesn't feel like enough. Modelling feels okay for me however they may put lots of challenging content or lots of year 12 content on there to catch us out.

40 you mean including paper 1,2 and 3 ?
Reply 37
I always overlook astrophysics and cosmology questions as really complicated.
But whenever I look at the answers, it always really simple
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Z_GAMER
Do we need to know about Obler's Paradox, Critical Density of the Universe and the fate of the universe (one, closed and flat)?

yes
Original post by Ehsanraya
40 you mean including paper 1,2 and 3 ?

i think it includes old spec Qs as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending