The Student Room Group

OCR A A-level Physics Paper 1 Modelling Physics (H556/01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hmrctsp19
No, ignore the other reply. That's all old spec

thank god i nearly had a heart attack
i hope the 6 markers are decent, not like the tent one in 2022
the HR graph though they were lucky with that one
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by FatalArcher
yes

Nope, that’s old spec. 2017 ocr an onwards doesn’t contain them. Don’t need it
Original post by student9850

There was no HR graph?
Original post by student9850

How were you meant to answer that tent question from the 2022 paper? To this day my teacher still hasn't told us haha
im so so so bad at physics i don't even know why but i really need to scrape a c.....any tips......?
Reply 66
Original post by ihateocrphysics
im so so so bad at physics i don't even know why but i really need to scrape a c.....any tips......?

don’t stress too much now, get a good nights sleep and don’t do too much in the morning as you’ll tire out before the exam in the afternoon.

maybe focus on looking over the formula sheet, making sure you’re really comfortable with what all the equations mean and when to use them, and you should be fine.
Reply 67
What forces provide the centripetal force in a loop, especially at the vertical bit, I just about understand the top and bottom
Reply 68
Original post by Labradoodle1
How were you meant to answer that tent question from the 2022 paper? To this day my teacher still hasn't told us haha

Here’s the markscheme for it, honestly worded awfully since you needed calculations for higher marks
Original post by gglr
Here’s the markscheme for it, honestly worded awfully since you needed calculations for higher marks

Thank you so much! Yeah when we did that paper as a mock I remember doing fine on most of it but getting 1/6 on this question hahaha
Reply 70
Original post by Labradoodle1
Thank you so much! Yeah when we did that paper as a mock I remember doing fine on most of it but getting 1/6 on this question hahaha

No worries! And yeah same, the absolute panic during that mock was not fun lmao, hopefully the paper tomorrow won’t have anything like it
Original post by gglr
No worries! And yeah same, the absolute panic during that mock was not fun lmao, hopefully the paper tomorrow won’t have anything like it

Yeah fingers crossed they don't ask anything ridiculous like that haha
Reply 72
Original post by PM-G_555
What forces provide the centripetal force in a loop, especially at the vertical bit, I just about understand the top and bottom

At the top of the loop, if the normal contact force of the object is zero, then the centripetal force would be equal to mg (weight).
Good luck everyone
Reply 74
I’m so nervous
What topics normally come up for paper 1?
Reply 76
I’m hoping the 6 markers are nice
good luckk
Original post by Alecia Jones
What topics normally come up for paper 1?

It's module 1,2,3,5
So all of motion and forces, astro, oscillations, thermal
Original post by pinkrocket
It's module 1,2,3,5
So all of motion and forces, astro, oscillations, thermal

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending