The Student Room Group

University choices

I NEEED HELP!!!!!

so basically i've applied to university for Politics and International relations.
These were my choices:
LSE (Rejected)
UCL (Still waiting)
QMUL (Offer)
SOAS (Offer)
City, University of London (Offer)

These are my stats:
All 5's at GCSE.
A in Psychology A level, B in Sociology A level. D in Economics but i'm retaking and predicted a B.

i'm worried that I won't get into ucl because of my grades but at the same time I don't know how well respected my other uni choices are. I know a lot of people trash talk QMUL a lot so I was just wondering how it ranks up in terms of my other university choices. I want to know which uni would be the best in terms of rankings, prestige, employability.

If anyone here goes to one of my university choices please let me know your experience
The only way you can get into UCL is through a contextual offer. So unless you qualify for contextual offer (i.e. you're underprivileged in some way), unfortunately I'm afraid UCL is out of the question.

The standard requirements for UCL is a minimum of 3As at A Level, the contextual offer is ABB. But since you applied with an ABD, even the contextual offer won't apply to you. Not to mention you need a minimum of Grade 6 at English GCSE for a standard offer in UCL.

On the list, UCL and LSE are the highest ranked. After that, it would be QMUL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending