The Student Room Group

Dentistry

For A level I would like to take Biology, Psychology and Economic or politics. I would like to go into dentistry. Most of my grades are 5s and some a 6 in English Language. Can I take those A levels? Most sixth forms want 6s but it’s to late to change as GCSEs are a month away. If I were to how long will it take to learn the whole of Higher combined science content?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I think almost all dental schools require Biology and Chemistry.

With the combo you're thinking of choosing, I think only 2 dental schools would accept your application. Check the Dental Schools Council PDF with the entry reqs though!

Some will accept either one or the other as long as you have Maths or Physics instead, and some will allow one of them as long as you have Psychology, Maths or Physics, I think - but again have a look at the PDF😁

I would say in order to be able to apply to 4 dental schools tailored to your GCSEs and admissions test scores, you'd want to pick Bio, Chem and any 3rd subject you like and are interested in! Hope that helps 🙏
Original post by user5628
Hi! I think almost all dental schools require Biology and Chemistry.

With the combo you're thinking of choosing, I think only 2 dental schools would accept your application. Check the Dental Schools Council PDF with the entry reqs though!

Some will accept either one or the other as long as you have Maths or Physics instead, and some will allow one of them as long as you have Psychology, Maths or Physics, I think - but again have a look at the PDF😁

I would say in order to be able to apply to 4 dental schools tailored to your GCSEs and admissions test scores, you'd want to pick Bio, Chem and any 3rd subject you like and are interested in! Hope that helps 🙏

would Biology, Chemistry and Psychology be okay? I don’t mind choosing a A level but the grades are the issue?

Quick Reply

Latest