The Student Room Group

A level study

A few days ago I posted a question asking if it was possible to raise my maths grade from C to A at AS levels in a month, and many people replied saying it was in fact very possible. Now I want to ask, how many past papers do you guys reckon I should aim to complete in that month if I want to get that grade? Rough estimate.
Original post by itstherickdance
A few days ago I posted a question asking if it was possible to raise my maths grade from C to A at AS levels in a month, and many people replied saying it was in fact very possible. Now I want to ask, how many past papers do you guys reckon I should aim to complete in that month if I want to get that grade? Rough estimate.

In hindsight, 1 or 2 (per paper e.g. 1 or 2 paper 1s with 1 or 2 paper 2s, etc). You identify your weak topics and you do more revision - flashcards on those - and do past paper questions on those topics. Then you identify which type of questions you struggle with, e.g. is it general essays or is it a certain part of essays e.g. assessing or evaluating, or is it explain questions (in sciences primarily) then you practise your exam technique.

You keep doing this until you get a strong A/A*. Hope this helps and please let us know what subjects you take so we can give you more tailored advice. I would also suggest joining our A-Level Study Groups.

Quick Reply

Latest