The Student Room Group

Resit module in final year- help please

Hi everyone, I’m a final year student at uni of liverpool and was wondering if anyone knows if we can re-sit a module in our final year if we fail it? Or can we only resit with extenuating circumstances?
Original post by george_hillner02
Hi everyone, I’m a final year student at uni of liverpool and was wondering if anyone knows if we can re-sit a module in our final year if we fail it? Or can we only resit with extenuating circumstances?

From Liverpool's "Re-sits and re-takes: final year undergraduate students" page, here:

"Following the publication of your results on 3rd July 2023, you can re-take some or all of your assessments, or you may be required to re-sit some or all assessments."
"The summer re-sit period takes place from Monday 7th to Friday 25th August 2023 (excluding weekends)."

You should read that page in it entirety (not just the two sentences I've quoted above) as it talks about deadlines, seeking academic advice, and other important matters.
Original post by george_hillner02

Hi there,

Typically if you fail an module you will have the opportunity to resit in the summer, but you will be capped at 40%. Then assuming you pass you can then graduate in the following graduation time. However, as the other poster has said you should consult the full guidance.

I hope this is useful.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending