Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm going to lancaster in October :smile:
Original post by hannahhb

Hi!
Congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster, let me know if you have any questions about studying at Lancaster! You might also want to check out the 2023 applicant thread to meet other students!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7254829
Becky
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hannahhb

Me too! What are you studying
Reply 5
Hello,

I am currently a first-year student at Lancaster University, taking an academic subject. I had my exams and, I feel like I am going to fail a module, leading me to fail the first year, which is stressing me out, considering I didn't do too great on the exam. I know I would have to retake the exam in the summer but, I am scared that I have failed my resets. Will I have I redo a module in the second year? will I reset a year? or, would I be withdrawn from the university and get kicked out?

Please let me know. I appreciate the response.
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed. From what I know, usually, students who failed the exam get to take the summer resit, then if that also didn't go well, sometimes one module can be condoned depending on the credits, if not, they could either choose to repeat the year one or to do a final further resit. You can refer to the university's undergraduate guidelines or contact your department's teaching office for more accurate details.

Here are some links that you might find useful:

https://portal.lancaster.ac.uk/ask/resits/
https://portal.lancaster.ac.uk/ask/repeat-part-i-year/

I really hope your exams went well and will go well!! After all year one does not count towards your final graduation grade in most courses, so don't worry too much and please remember to take care of yourself <3

All the best!

- Miyuki (Lancaster University FST Student Ambassador)

Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I am currently a first-year student at Lancaster University, taking an academic subject. I had my exams and, I feel like I am going to fail a module, leading me to fail the first year, which is stressing me out, considering I didn't do too great on the exam. I know I would have to retake the exam in the summer but, I am scared that I have failed my resets. Will I have I redo a module in the second year? will I reset a year? or, would I be withdrawn from the university and get kicked out?

Please let me know. I appreciate the response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending