The Student Room Group

Help!Failed one core law module will I have to resit

I am in my second year at uni, I took my land law exam and did terribly I had prepared and revised in advance but I’m not good in exam situations due to my learning disability I didn’t even complete my paper only about half . I have passed the rest of my modules. I know universities have differing rules on progression but I’m pretty sure if I don’t pass the core module I won’t qualify for final year .
I’m quite scared and upset as this year has been very hard for me in general due to the loss of close loved one , on top of that my mother got diagnosed with depression so it’s been hard to balance evrything on top of my learning disability. I I’ve worked really hard this year and don’t want to have to repeat the year due to one module
Has anyone been in the same situation any advice appreciated
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that you’re going through a painful period, its frustrating when universities don’t offer you support with mental well-being, especially when you yourself are going through multiple struggles at present. It’s even worse with in person exams because they’re usually scheduled within days of each other and you can’t catch a break!

Can I ask what university you’re studying at? I could look into what policies they have for extenuating circumstances and possible resubmissions? Don’t stress because it’s highly unlikely that you would be withdrawn from the course, especially if it is for one module. You may be able to resit the module and get an uncapped mark if you’re able to provide evidence of extenuating circumstances.

But if you let me know what uni you’re studying at I can take a look for you and get back to you anonymously on here :smile:
Reply 2
If you failed your first attempt then it is odds on there will be a resit this/next month.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that you’re going through a painful period, its frustrating when universities don’t offer you support with mental well-being, especially when you yourself are going through multiple struggles at present. It’s even worse with in person exams because they’re usually scheduled within days of each other and you can’t catch a break!

Can I ask what university you’re studying at? I could look into what policies they have for extenuating circumstances and possible resubmissions? Don’t stress because it’s highly unlikely that you would be withdrawn from the course, especially if it is for one module. You may be able to resit the module and get an uncapped mark if you’re able to provide evidence of extenuating circumstances.

But if you let me know what uni you’re studying at I can take a look for you and get back to you anonymously on here :smile:

Hi thank you for your kind words and ur help .
Im at Swansea uni 2nd year of law despite the exam being in august, as this is my first attempt due to deferral, I looked on the website and they didn’t really mention circumstances or second chances for students to resit exams if the deferral period was their first attempt. But if you have the time please let know thanks again I really appreciate it
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
If you failed your first attempt then it is odds on there will be a resit this/next month.

Really ?? Even if the exam is in august ? Do u think I should email the faculty or the law team and ask cuz I haven’t heard it being mentioned
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Really ?? Even if the exam is in august ? Do u think I should email the faculty or the law team and ask cuz I haven’t heard it being mentioned

You should have been doing this before posting here - they can give you surefire answers.

The majority of institutions in the UK have resits in the last week of August/first week of Sept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending