The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Failed My Second Year !! What are my options?? Acc & Bussiness HELP!!!!

I passed 5 out of 6 modules and had one resit, however i failed the resit and have been told that i am to be withdrawn from the course.

Is they're any chance i can repeat the year or retake the module again alongside my final year.

BCU have said they'll offer me a place on another course however i don't want to have wasted the past two years of study. Is it possible for me to even finish my final year at another university?
Original post by Esah
I passed 5 out of 6 modules and had one resit, however i failed the resit and have been told that i am to be withdrawn from the course.

Is they're any chance i can repeat the year or retake the module again alongside my final year.

BCU have said they'll offer me a place on another course however i don't want to have wasted the past two years of study. Is it possible for me to even finish my final year at another university?

Depends what the other course is and the terms.

You can appeal the decision. Go and see a student advisor.
You can ask to resit the course, but sounds like they arent interested in letting you or able to let you proceed to your final year.

You can try and get a transfer, but I think your chances are low of people letting you do anything other than start year 2 again. They might let you have some credits.

Ask around and then compare it with what they come up with. A resit/ retake year will still use up a years entitlement to student finance, so its only going to be available if you havent previously used the gift year,
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Speak to student services for advice and try to get a doctors letter for study related stress and anxiety but this has to be dated back to around the time of the assessment in order to get an attempt back and retake the assessment.... Or restart 2nd year at another university because as far as I'm aware BCU won't let u retake the same yr...
(edited 6 years ago)
I am in my 3rd year at BCU and I have failed my dissertation and been given a discretionary resit but the marker gave me same grade and feedback. I requested for remark but no response yet. Do you think BCU will allow me to take the module again or just withdraw me from the course.? I’m scared 3 years is wasted and I don’t know what to do next .
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am in my 3rd year at BCU and I have failed my dissertation and been given a discretionary resit but the marker gave me same grade and feedback. I requested for remark but no response yet. Do you think BCU will allow me to take the module again or just withdraw me from the course.? I’m scared 3 years is wasted and I don’t know what to do next .
I'm so sorry about your results. You can appel and redo the module. It is possible.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your results, this must be a stressful time and I'm sorry I can't offer more advice for you as only the faculty can make these decisions. Your faculty student centre is there to support you, so make sure to reach out to them to see if they can help. Plus, the SU can provide advice and our support services are available through iCity if you require further support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending