The Student Room Group

AQA changing tiers?

Can I change tiers for my GCSEs AQA combined science exam from foundation to higher. This is a resit. Do I have to pay a fee because I am already entered for foundation. The deadline for exams is 21 April. Does anyone know if it is free without fees to change tiers before this date?
Original post by suzy23
Can I change tiers for my GCSEs AQA combined science exam from foundation to higher. This is a resit. Do I have to pay a fee because I am already entered for foundation. The deadline for exams is 21 April. Does anyone know if it is free without fees to change tiers before this date?

See this AQA page which says, "Tiers can be changed with no extra fees if done before a certain date." For this year that date is, as you say, 21 April 2023.

Is your school/college likely to agree to the change in tier?
Original post by suzy23

Hello I’m in the same situation as you right now did it work out, what did they say? I’m willing to pay the fee to do higher science because I need it for my A Levels
Original post by Typist133
Hello I’m in the same situation as you right now did it work out, what did they say? I’m willing to pay the fee to do higher science because I need it for my A Levels

Hi yes I asked them before the 21 April and they changed the tiers without the fees. Are you also doing higher maths
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest