The Student Room Group

should i request a remark for gcse biology and maths

For biology(edexcel separate science), i got 145 marks, which is a 7 but to get an eight i have to get 146 marks. Do you think i have high chance to get one more mark after remark so that i could get grade8?

And for maths(aqa higher tier) , i got 213 marks and its grade 8. And to grade 9 i need one more mark (214) . Is it worth to request remark even i don't know will i actually get a grade 9?
Reply 1
hmmmmmm to get a remark you have two cons: your mark could go down, and the cost is very expensive. but, if you think the risk is worth it then go for it! personally i'd be happy with a 7 as its an A and maths is already very good (8 is an A*)
Reply 2
Original post by oortcloud
hmmmmmm to get a remark you have two cons: your mark could go down, and the cost is very expensive. but, if you think the risk is worth it then go for it! personally i'd be happy with a 7 as its an A and maths is already very good (8 is an A*)

the aqa website said if my grade changes after remark, i dont have to pay. if my grade didnt chance, i will have to pay £8.70. And even my score reduced, i will still have grade 8.
Original post by Nickel fungi
For biology(edexcel separate science), i got 145 marks, which is a 7 but to get an eight i have to get 146 marks. Do you think i have high chance to get one more mark after remark so that i could get grade8?

And for maths(aqa higher tier) , i got 213 marks and its grade 8. And to grade 9 i need one more mark (214) . Is it worth to request remark even i don't know will i actually get a grade 9?

Hey there.

Congrats on those grades, you should be pleased with yourself!

Biology and Maths are both subjects that are factual; the examiners mark using the mark scheme where the answers are fixed rather than using a mark scheme that only has a guide (like English, Religious Studies or History). For this reason, I would say not to get it remarked.

Please discuss this with your school as they can guide you and give you the best advice.
Perhaps request your script back and go through it with the subject teacher to see if there could’ve been more marks awarded. It’s just that the 2 subjects aren’t subjective as the answers can’t have any variation . :biggrin: good luck tho

Quick Reply

Latest