The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 3 (7192/3) - 14th June [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by emmanuelferan
Do people think there could be a 30 marker on the role of punishment

i have no idea tbh thats quite a broad 30 marker right? it could be about the CJS, theories on punishment and being a victim of crime. thats a tough one tho but you cant rule it out.
Reply 21
Original post by 16bhatam
Yh realism good shout. Globalisation or realism I've revised a lot so it's alright tbf. Not sure how I would do a 30 on labelling that would be long

i was looking at labelling today and i think i'd prob go for
- race/class and how certain people get labelled
- crimes of the powerful and how they don't get labelled
- the role of the media in labelling
- how labelling/interactions link to wider society (basically new criminology shite, might be a bit of a stretch though tbf so i might just stretch race and class into 2 separate points)
Reply 22
Original post by veraaloe
What stucture do u guys use for the 20 Marker on Theory and Methods ? Does it need a intro/conc ?

depends what the question is tbh but my teacher says to always try throw in a conclusion if u have time and not bother much with an intro
i'm not sure if that also goes for pure methods 20s though
but generally we do

- point
- explain
- link to question
- contrasting point
- explain
- link to question x3

conclusion that sums up the arguments and possibly slightly brings in another topic depending
Reply 23
really confused ab the 20 marker on this paper?? it can be on methods right? isn't that basically the methods in context question from paper 1 or do u have to make it more theoretical?
Original post by Yara1717
really confused ab the 20 marker on this paper?? it can be on methods right? isn't that basically the methods in context question from paper 1 or do u have to make it more theoretical?

It won’t be linked to education or anything - so it’ll just be a theory or methods question - if it’s method I usually just do 1 paragraph practical advantage/disadvantage, 1 on ethical and 1 on theoretical
Reply 25
Original post by Yara1717

it'll be either methods or theory but not methods in context, have a look at some of the past papers and get an idea its not a bad question tbh :smile:
Reply 26
Predictionssssss?
Reply 27
left/right realism or globalisation for the 30 marker is a popular prediction, makes sense
Original post by izzy4509x
left/right realism or globalisation for the 30 marker is a popular prediction, makes sense

Agreed. Maybe a 20marker theory on feminism or values?
Original post by Caitlyn4002

I would love a feminism question!
Reply 30
I'm hoping for realism and feminism too!
Reply 31
Original post by Caitlyn4002

haven't looked at the theory ones yet haha but that would be nice
Can some one please give me a feedback on my essay plan please ?
It’s on the relationship between social class and offending ,
I was wondering if this format would be same for ethnic differences in crime as well?
(edited 10 months ago)
Guys I've got no resources for paper 3 please send good websites,youtube videos, personal resources, my school offers no help
Original post by Dark_Cipher
Guys I've got no resources for paper 3 please send good websites,youtube videos, personal resources, my school offers no help

Go on yt and search crime and deviance you have topic vids there
Reply 35
Predictions for paper 3 30marker? Globalisation or realism has never come up so seem most likely.
Reply 36
Does anyone have access to the 2022 paper 3?
Reply 37
Original post by Roseclaire
Does anyone have access to the 2022 paper 3?

Outline two problems in MEASURING GREEN CRIME. (4)
Outline three different ways that CRIME PREVENTION STRATEGIES may reduce crime. (6)
Applying material from Item A, analyse two reasons for SOCIAL CLASS differences in becoming a VICTIM of crime. (10)
Applying material from Item B and your knowledge, evaluate the view that crime and deviance are INEVITABLE AND BENEFICIAL for individuals and for society as a whole. (30)
Outline and explain two reasons why some sociologists choose UNSTRUCTURED INTERVIEWS in their research. (10)
Applying material from Item C and your knowledge, evaluate the usefulness of SOCIAL ACTION THEORIES in explaining human behaviour. (20)
Reply 38
Possible prediction for the 30 marker Im wondering if they might continue the trend of asking a more synoptic 30 marker as they have in a couple of the topics this year.

In Education as well as Families & Households (and possibly other P2 topics, obviously I don’t take all of them!) they’ve asked quite broad and synoptic 20/30 mark questions. Notably they’ve also been similar topics to the AS questions, but ofc we don’t have an AS crime paper to look back at </3 but leads me to wonder if we might get a broad 30 marker for crime too. Maybe differences in crime amongst social groups in some way?
Original post by rwnsl
Possible prediction for the 30 marker Im wondering if they might continue the trend of asking a more synoptic 30 marker as they have in a couple of the topics this year.

In Education as well as Families & Households (and possibly other P2 topics, obviously I don’t take all of them!) they’ve asked quite broad and synoptic 20/30 mark questions. Notably they’ve also been similar topics to the AS questions, but ofc we don’t have an AS crime paper to look back at </3 but leads me to wonder if we might get a broad 30 marker for crime too. Maybe differences in crime amongst social groups in some way?

Wdym by synoptic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending