The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 (7192/2) - 9th June [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 2 exam go today?

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 (7192/2) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 9th June/ AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA Sociology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what do people think could come up as the 20 markers in beliefs in society and families
Reply 2
Families could be any theory tbh not Marxism as that was 2022. Could deffo be func, feminism or post modernism perspective. Although social policies on family and childhood improving are possible 20 markers. All other topics are tough to have 20s on. Don't mark my word but other topics are more unlikely. How are u finding families anyway?!
Reply 3
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you know the questions for any of the 2022 papers, i'm not attached to a school as i am being taught it online so have no access to the questions.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by 16bhatam
Families could be any theory tbh not Marxism as that was 2022. Could deffo be func, feminism or post modernism perspective. Although social policies on family and childhood improving are possible 20 markers. All other topics are tough to have 20s on. Don't mark my word but other topics are more unlikely. How are u finding families anyway?!

I'm finding Families quite meh, the content is fine but I'm just stressed that if i'm specific enough for my 20 markers
Reply 5
Original post by RWM3AS
what do people think could come up as the 20 markers in beliefs in society and families

literally any theory and the family, im thinking more of postmodernism or NR, or it could be the social construction of childhood
Reply 6
Original post by goldenish
literally any theory and the family, im thinking more of postmodernism or NR, or it could be the social construction of childhood

I agree with u but not sure on NR as is it acc possible to get a 20 on that theory? All I can think of is Murray and welfare state icl. Postmodernism is a strong shout as well as childhood.
Hi is anyone doing culture and identity? Any predictions on the 20 marker because this topic is too wishy washy? what are your predictions for the 20 marker on media?
Reply 8
Original post by 16bhatam
I agree with u but not sure on NR as is it acc possible to get a 20 on that theory? All I can think of is Murray and welfare state icl. Postmodernism is a strong shout as well as childhood.

Murray, welfare state, neo-conventional family?? idk i was just thinking of theories that havent really been tested yet
Reply 9
Any predictions on media or family?
anyone doing families and beliefs?
Reply 11
Original post by zziaoee
anyone doing families and beliefs?

yh i am!
Reply 12
Anyone got predictions for families and beliefs??
Reply 13
Original post by 10lol10x
Anyone got predictions for families and beliefs??

I was wondering the same thing haha, I have all of the past paper questions incl. 2017 and both specimen papers tho so im gonna look through those and see what has/hasn't come up!!
Reply 14
Original post by izzy4509x
I was wondering the same thing haha, I have all of the past paper questions incl. 2017 and both specimen papers tho so im gonna look through those and see what has/hasn't come up!!

Would you be able to show us what questions have came up?
Reply 15
Original post by RWM3AS

my teacher is saying
family - policy or end of the nuclear family
beliefs - theory or maybe ideology
Reply 16
What about Media ? Any thoughts...
Reply 17
Original post by User786786
What about Media ? Any thoughts...

Whats already been on ?
Reply 18
Original post by lillyxo123
Would you be able to show us what questions have came up?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mOG7B1lyOuh-rqh-BuJlSrvDmhSDUvB518qjYqCYx5g/edit?usp=sharing all paper 2 past paper questions for families and beliefs :smile:
Reply 19
What could the families 20 marker? does it have to be a theory or could be something like childhood or social policies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending