The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 3 (7192/3) - 14th June [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by help.me.pls
Wdym by synoptic?

Links to other topics e.g cultural factors in Ed linked to class, ethnicity and gender.
Reply 41
I do family and media for the topics and I had a globalisation question on each of them so is it still possible that it’d be asked on crime as well?
Reply 42
Wdym by synoptic?

Synoptic as in bringing in multiple topics - so like the education paper brought in ethnicity, gender, and class for example
Original post by gglr
I do family and media for the topics and I had a globalisation question on each of them so is it still possible that it’d be asked on crime as well?

Was it a 30 marker though @gglr
if realism came up, could a 30 marker be purely on right or left realism or is it more likely to be one more generally on realism?
Reply 45
Original post by Hellooo.uhbj
Was it a 30 marker though @gglr

No 2x 10 markers
Reply 46
Original post by c8ssid7mull8n
if realism came up, could a 30 marker be purely on right or left realism or is it more likely to be one more generally on realism?

i think it’s likely to be comparing them or their approaches to something like punishment/prevention for example
Reply 47

it’d likely be comparing their approaches, and then you’d potentially use other theories too to juxtapose
Reply 48
if realism came up, could a 30 marker be purely on right or left realism or is it more likely to be one more generally on realismit?

It could be purely split left and right or it could be more towards one of them, and you compare it with the other
Can some one pls explain functionalist perspective on crime and deviance cause I am so confused , Durkheim says how crime is positive for the society but then Merton and cohen are talking about strain and status frustration aren’t these more to do with label or Marxist ?
Reply 50
Does anyone know what the questions were for the 2017 paper 3? And if there was any specimen papers for paper 3 and what was on them?
Reply 51
i think with strain theory, it shows how deviance is a normal part of society, since its a result of people trying to achieve the norms set out by society.
they explain it a bit better here : https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wm-introductiontosociology/chapter/theoretical-perspectives-on-deviance/#:~:text=Social%20disorganization%20theory%2C%20strain%20theory,perspectives%20on%20deviance%20in%20society.
Can some one pls explain functionalist perspective on crime and deviance cause I am so confused , Durkheim says how crime is positive for the society but then Merton and cohen are talking about strain and status frustration aren’t these more to do with label or Marxist ?
Reply 52
Is this anyone else's last paper, it's the only one I got left :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by bunting0

sameee
Reply 54

sameeee im so excited for summer
Reply 55
Original post by jimmy1178
sameee

Original post by izzy4509x
sameeee im so excited for summer

On wednesday we're freee, same can't wait for summer
Reply 56
i hope this paper goes well
Reply 57

Oh I wish, I have 4 left including it 😭😭
Reply 58

Probably realism in general, there's not that much to say about left realism on its own.
Reply 59
Predictions for the theory/methods 20 marker and 10 marker please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending