The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 3 (7192/3) - 14th June [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
if there was a 30 marker on globalisation would you be able to talk about state and green crime?
Reply 61
Original post by liz <3
if there was a 30 marker on globalisation would you be able to talk about state and green crime?

Yes you have to otherwise there wouldn't be enough to say I think
Reply 62
if the 30 is on victimology and punishment aqa better sleep with one eye open
Reply 63
Original post by andreainte

dk if this helps but crime prevention and control has been a 30 marker which would include punishment I think
Reply 64
After paper 2 I am just hoping paper 3 is good
Reply 65
Could you realists be 30 marker
Reply 66
if the 30 marker was on globalisation and crime, what points would you guys make? struggling to think of what i'd write for it
Reply 67
Original post by andreainte

🤣🤣🤣 hopefully it shouldn't be
Reply 68
Original post by maximusro
if the 30 marker was on globalisation and crime, what points would you guys make? struggling to think of what i'd write for it

roughly these are the points i would make:

-it leads to new types of crimes(drugs trade, human trafficking, cyber crime etc)
-its impacts on crime (more opportunities to commit, more inequality, disorganised capitalism, makes policing more difficult)
-green crime (global/manufactured risk - beck)
-state crime (international state crime, UN and human rights)
Reply 69
Original post by Dark_Cipher
Guys I've got no resources for paper 3 please send good websites,youtube videos, personal resources, my school offers no help

Go on aqa past papers see what the past 30 markers in and then strongly revise the topics that haven't come up use tutor2u for guidance...goodluck
Reply 70
Guys I've got no resources for paper 3 please send good websites,youtube videos, personal resources, my school offers no help

https://www.hectic-teacher.co.uk/sociology-support/crime-and-deviance-1
this website had really good summary sheets for all the topic
What’s the link between green crime, state crime and globalisation .(btw can you link globalisation to media and crime)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 72
does anyone know how to lay out a theory n methods 20 marker? e.g if it was feminism could I do 1 para on each type like radical, liberal, Marxist and difference feminists then eval with other theories like post modernity func etc. im guessing if it was to come then it would evaluating the theory as a contribution to society but idk at this point.. i hate theories so much as well begging aqa its not science or value free
Reply 73

Use the tutor2u videos on youtube they have a whole playlist for crime and deviance, also use this topic tracker to see what topics haven't come up for crime and deviance and theory and methods
https://www.tutor2u.net/sociology/reference/exam-paper-topic-tracker-for-aqa-a-level-sociology
Reply 74
I have came across an example practise question given by my teachers (has not been tested in any of the papers yet i believe) and i didn't know what you could talk about in terms of a point and explaining it 2x

'outline and explain two ways in which realist approaches to crime differ from previous criminological perspectives such as marxism' (4 marks)

If anyone could help me out - that would be amazing :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by 16bhatam
Yh realism good shout. Globalisation or realism I've revised a lot so it's alright tbf. Not sure how I would do a 30 on labelling that would be long

Labelling is-
its becker,
cicourel
pilivian and briar
official statistics
Lemert
cohen- deviance amplification spiral and douglas on suicide
Original post by em210956
I have came across an example practise question given by my teachers (has not been tested in any of the papers yet i believe) and i didn't know what you could talk about in terms of a point and explaining it 2x

'outline and explain two ways in which realist approaches to crime differ from previous criminological perspectives such as marxism' (4 marks)

If anyone could help me out - that would be amazing :smile:

marxism is about overthrowing capitalism right
and left realists want zero tolerance and get rid of even pettiest little crime
however right realism- is gradual change, through change of policies etc
Original post by 16bhatam
does anyone know how to lay out a theory n methods 20 marker? e.g if it was feminism could I do 1 para on each type like radical, liberal, Marxist and difference feminists then eval with other theories like post modernity func etc. im guessing if it was to come then it would evaluating the theory as a contribution to society but idk at this point.. i hate theories so much as well begging aqa its not science or value free

it depends on the question but its like 3 for and against
Reply 78
is it likely that the media of crime will come up as a 30 marker question?

because i just don't understand it at all :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by Zoyahashemi
marxism is about overthrowing capitalism right
and left realists want zero tolerance and get rid of even pettiest little crime
however right realism- is gradual change, through change of policies etc

thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending