The Student Room Group

Is Ai going to replace me at everyrthing I want to do

post removed

Scroll to see replies

just make the ai yourself by joining the computer field...
who knows,perhaps in the future,we would be sitting back at our home and relaxing,while the ai systems control the world. then you can devote time to your passion!
ahhh!that'd be too good to be true!
AI evolving leads to the exact opposite of the world decaying.
Embrace it.
AI is an amazing technology, and even if you gravitate toward disliking it, you must accept that it is a major part of our futures and will make the world a better place. If we fail to adapt, we will fall behind.
I doubt it'll get that bad - it's just that some jobs will be replaced. Teaching, for example, probably can't be replaced by AI.
Original post by toxicgamage56
I doubt it'll get that bad - it's just that some jobs will be replaced. Teaching, for example, probably can't be replaced by AI.

online schools/classes eh?chatgpt has already taken the internet by storm.i think in the future,online classes/tutorials will be made by ai....
Original post by Saeed23
online schools/classes eh?chatgpt has already taken the internet by storm.i think in the future,online classes/tutorials will be made by ai....

Nahh no students gonna pay attention without a teacher.
students studying online nowadays-'invisible'.anyways,how about robot for a teacher?
(edited 1 year ago)
It really depends on who you are but I sympathize with you, you might not feel like staying at home and painting if all the work you're doing can be subjectively done better in seconds with some prompt.
(edited 1 year ago)
hahaha...imma quite the opposite...in order to live happily in this life, take things positively...but if you wanna stay unrealist,then be it!
Original post by PossiblyNotGod
It really depends on who you are but I sympathize with you, you might not feel like staying at home and painting if all the work you're doing can be subjectively done better in seconds with some prompt.

the other possibility could be that hand-made items would cost fortunes-just like painting made by famous artists are worth over thousands to millions,but the printer ones are cheap!
I understand, it's frustrating, but for now at least it is mainly recognisable most of the time.

However, in your lifetime I strongly doubt artists are going to be defunct. Maybe once you're retired, but probably not before then. It will not be replacing jobs in our working lifetime that aren't very very easy to replace, like counting simple things, or writing a schedule. So long as your job requires skill and communication, I doubt we have to worry. We'll all die before it really starts mixing things up anyways.
Original post by CatInTheCorner
I understand, it's frustrating, but for now at least it is mainly recognisable most of the time.

However, in your lifetime I strongly doubt artists are going to be defunct. Maybe once you're retired, but probably not before then. It will not be replacing jobs in our working lifetime that aren't very very easy to replace, like counting simple things, or writing a schedule. So long as your job requires skill and communication, I doubt we have to worry. We'll all die before it really starts mixing things up anyways.

There's a chance you're correct to some degree but it's a very very slim chance as far as I can tell. For most small commission artists they could be replaced within a decade and a good deal are already losing clients to the first set of art AI models. Most intellectual jobs are higher on the list of being taken over than you may aspect whilst labour jobs like a brick layer are in my opinion safer for atleast 5 years due to the difficulty of designing autonomous robotics. It's much much easier for an AI to pass the bar exam than to build a poorly built shed at the moment.
(edited 1 year ago)
You're forgetting that we, as a general population, have a massive control over these tech companies. WE decide whether to consume their products, the factor that gives these corporations money to stay in business. The moment WE decide to boycott their brand, they lose any power. Companies will never treat their consumers as "cattle", not because they necessarily care, because they know that the moment they oppress us, they will lose consumer support.
You are referencing specific projects or trends, the technologies and concepts behind these (eg the blockchain, virtual immersive reality, cryptocurrency, space exploration) are groundbreaking to our futures.
These are the members of the human race who are at risk of being controlled by these companies, simply because they're mindless and can't think for themselves.

Charles Darwin proposed survival of the fittest almost two hundred years ago, it's still relevant now and will be relevant for a long time to come.
No, no it isn't.

Carry on.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm in Year 8, but I am planning on studying Maths, Physics and Computer Science in Further Education.
AI will almost certainly take all jobs in the next 25 years so it does not matter what career your pursue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending