The Student Room Group

Is Ai going to replace artists

Title?
What is the point of going into a field where they have automated human expression
AI is going to become a tool for artists to use.
I saw an interesting comparison to The Luddites who burned down factories during the industrial revolution. Eventually, they learn that people wanted cheaper clothes and began to work with the machines.
We are going through the stages of grief; denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I belive that we are in both denial (denying that AI is going to be as good as a human) and anger (people not accepting it as an art form.) Over time people will be more used to it and start to accept it (acceptance.)
AI will most likely be used as a tool to make art creation more efficient, rather than replacing human artists altogether. At least for the foreseeable future anyway.

Within the art field I work in (animation), I suspect we'll start seeing the role of inbetweener being partially covered by AI at some point, which might end up making life difficult for the next generation of animators (I.E, in about 20 years time).

Outside of those who are newly qualified though, AI will in my opinion mostly just serve to render bad artists redundant.
The use of an AI to an artist could be to quickly generate many versions of an idea to show quickly to a client. Or even for some inspiration.
Not just art. Music and photography as seen recently in the BBC articles. Also up to 300 Mill workers worldwide they reckon will eventually have to find other jobs due to ai
Original post by Guru Jason
Not just art. Music and photography as seen recently in the BBC articles. Also up to 300 Mill workers worldwide they reckon will eventually have to find other jobs due to ai

it is utterly, utterly disgusting
Original post by flyinglima
The use of an AI to an artist could be to quickly generate many versions of an idea to show quickly to a client. Or even for some inspiration.

I'm thinking it'll wipe out creative jobs in advertising... Pretty soon the client can just get the AI to produce 100 adverts for their aftershave (or whatever) and pick the one they like best.
Probably not.
AI is already been widely used as an extra feature to aid their creative work by many artists.
Including photographers, freelance graphic designers, digital painters, animators and illustrators.
Will likely to similiar situation for architects, advertising agencies, public relations firms, some parts of the adult entertainment and music industries.
Anyone that believes that AI will replace artists does not understand what art is.

Quick Reply

Latest