The Student Room Group

Is My Teacher Too Close To Me?

I’ve had Teacher A since freshman year so this is my third year, I really love the subject so I usually go above and beyond and am widely regarded as an assistant teacher lol, but it’s like idk me and my friends sang at his church and we have his number , he follows us on instagram , and during power he tells us about the students he doesn’t like and what’s wrong with his other classes and he will also make like jokes based on songs we are singing like if it’s heart it’s song he might say heart tits song . He also tells me and my other friend personal stories which is kind of like a mentor thing i guess but it concerned me because he was showing my friend how to use a new folder and out of context what he was saying was funny and something i would normally put in my chorus quote book but this time he said “i’ll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not i said it as innuendo or not which was lowkey uncomfy
Original post by UnknownWorrier
make like jokes based on songs we are singing like if it’s heart it’s song he might say heart tits song

“i’ll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not i said it as innuendo or not which was lowkey uncomfy

Both of these are red flags, I would spend gradually less time with this guy if you can.

The rest of the list is a little bit more grey area, but these things are no okay.

Advice is my personal perspective only.
Very much a matter of opinion, but i agree that some of the inappropriate jokes are well...inappropriate.
I've had teachers like that that I have been close with, and havent thought it strange, i.e. where they've joked with you or tell you funny stuff that happened to them recently, i feel like it makes them more sort of 'human'- so i dont find the rest of it strange but maybe thats just me?
Reply 3
It's not just the 'jokey' comments that ard inappropriate, he should not be discussing with you anything about other students or his opinions on them, especially if he lets slip a name or enough information to identify someone; that's a massive safeguarding issue.

Speak with another teacher or head of year about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending