The Student Room Group

Don’t know what to do about my AS-Level results

So I just got my AS levels back and got B in computer science, B in history and C in maths. Before AS I was predicted A in comp, A in history and B in maths. I was really close to the history grade boundary for an A, literally 1 mark off and a bit close to a B in maths with 6 marks off. I really want to go to Loughborough uni for computer science but the entry requirements are AAA and i’m worried my predicted grades are going to be too low. I also really wanted to go to Warwick but I need A*A*A and I don’t want to be too unrealistic😭 Is it worth it for me to still apply to loughborough or should I look at unis with lower entry requirements?
Original post by clowntown05
So I just got my AS levels back and got B in computer science, B in history and C in maths. Before AS I was predicted A in comp, A in history and B in maths. I was really close to the history grade boundary for an A, literally 1 mark off and a bit close to a B in maths with 6 marks off. I really want to go to Loughborough uni for computer science but the entry requirements are AAA and i’m worried my predicted grades are going to be too low. I also really wanted to go to Warwick but I need A*A*A and I don’t want to be too unrealistic😭 Is it worth it for me to still apply to loughborough or should I look at unis with lower entry requirements?

Hey there :hugs:
I would go and chat to your school and get their advice on this. Your teachers may have some good tips for you going forwards.

You may want to consider a remark, they are actually a review of marking. It's a check that exam boards do to make sure the exam board has followed the correct processes and calculated your grade correctly. It's not where they will look at your answers and re-evaluate them.

If you are close to the grade above in a subject, it may be worth getting a review of marking and you need to speak to your school about this. If you are close to the grade below, getting a review of marking can be risky because there is a small chance that your marks can be lowered.

Most marks stay the same, some go up and a small amount may go down. The first thing that you need to do is talk about this to your school.

Quick Reply

Latest