The Student Room Group

is this realistic?

hi, i used to be a uk size 12 (like one-two months ago) and now i'm currently a uk size 14 leaning towards a 16 now.
could i possibly get to a size 10/12 uk by june or july?
i do not feel comfortable with my weight as it does not suit me at all as my face has gone round and my PCOS has got worse.
i go to these gym classes ran by people and i started going on a run this morning.
has anyone got anymore advice?
work out your basal metabolic rate and daily maintenance calories, should be about 1500-1700
enter a calorie deficit, probably 1400 calories per day and try to eat 70 grams of protein each day at least (my fitness pal helps)
don't obsess over calories, just see them as a tool to help you monitor what you're putting into your body
the gym classes sound great, try to maintain a more active lifestyle - i don't like running but if you enjoy it then do so, what i have found very helpful is going to the gym, finding someone you know who goes too, training together and having fun and enjoying more discipline
you're bound to have days that don't go well, but the pursuit of health and joy doesn't have to be a straight line as long as you're trying your best :smile:

good luck xx
Original post by snowyshrew
work out your basal metabolic rate and daily maintenance calories, should be about 1500-1700
enter a calorie deficit, probably 1400 calories per day and try to eat 70 grams of protein each day at least (my fitness pal helps)
don't obsess over calories, just see them as a tool to help you monitor what you're putting into your body
the gym classes sound great, try to maintain a more active lifestyle - i don't like running but if you enjoy it then do so, what i have found very helpful is going to the gym, finding someone you know who goes too, training together and having fun and enjoying more discipline
you're bound to have days that don't go well, but the pursuit of health and joy doesn't have to be a straight line as long as you're trying your best :smile:

good luck xx

that sounds good. i will try doing that and hope for the best :smile: . thank you very much for your help and advice :h:
Original post by alevelstudent090
that sounds good. i will try doing that and hope for the best :smile: . thank you very much for your help and advice :h:

Hi
I might have PCOS too do you wanna talk on private messaging?
Reply 4
Don't base your target on dress sizes as there is no industry standard and they vary between brands. What is a 10/12 anyway? At 5' 9" and under 10 stone my wardrobe covers size 10 to size 16, yet I couldn't fit into a size 22 jacket in M&S?!?

Concentrate on being in the healthy range for your BMI. If you need to lose weight, as opposed to want to lose it, a healthy rate of weight loss is up to 2lb/1kg a week.

Remember you can't spot-reduce fat, so may not lose it from your face, or not initially, at least.

Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is what you need to function at the most basic level; that's the minimum number of calories you need each day. The average daily rate to maintain your weight is around 2000 calories for a woman. Your daily intake should be between the 2 figures to lose weight. There are online calculators to work this out as it's all down to the individual. Being in a calorie deficit isn't just about cutting down the amount of calories you eat, it's also taking into account what you burn off through exercise. You could do an exercise class that burns off 300 calories and reduce your food intake by 200. Don't cut your food intake by 500 calories, then do loads of exercise and that takes you below your BMR; it will seriously impact your health.
Original post by stickylikehoney
Hi
I might have PCOS too do you wanna talk on private messaging?

hiiii, ofc you can pm me that is fine :smile:
Original post by Surnia
Don't base your target on dress sizes as there is no industry standard and they vary between brands. What is a 10/12 anyway? At 5' 9" and under 10 stone my wardrobe covers size 10 to size 16, yet I couldn't fit into a size 22 jacket in M&S?!?

Concentrate on being in the healthy range for your BMI.

BMI has been proven on many cases to be unscientific bs, but I agree with the sentiment, especially in sizing which is so so underregulated. :yep:
Original post by alevelstudent090
hiiii, ofc you can pm me that is fine :smile:

message me

Quick Reply

Latest