The Student Room Group

Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) timescale

Hi,

Anyone have insight into how long one can realistically wait on CTC clearance?

I've been waiting two months now.
A senior colleague of mine got promoted but needed a new SC. It took just over 3 months. So could be a little longer if you're external.
Original post by Medicman74
A senior colleague of mine got promoted but needed a new SC. It took just over 3 months. So could be a little longer if you're external.

Cheers. I am external, just trying to get a handle on how long is realistic to be waiting; specifically for CTC.

NSVS quoted 40 days on average with their initial email but upon phoning them they stated there is no average.

Thanks for the reply.
There's loads of different jobs being filled at the moment throughout the civil service that require SC, CTC etc so there may be a few delays on what normally happens.
Original post by Medicman74
There's loads of different jobs being filled at the moment throughout the civil service that require SC, CTC etc so there may be a few delays on what normally happens.

Good to know, being external means I'm clueless about much of the process, finding people here has helped an awful lot.

Thank you.
Colleague of mine waiting nearly a year.
Reply 6
Entirely depends on whether you're a terrorist or not
Original post by Trinculo
Colleague of mine waiting nearly a year.

Thats unreal, how can anyone move on with their life with that. Was that for CTC?
I’m still waiting for CTC. Can anyone who has heard back give me an idea of how long we are likely to wait. I’m internal from another government department but this is my first CTC Check
Original post by Rizzle35
I’m still waiting for CTC. Can anyone who has heard back give me an idea of how long we are likely to wait. I’m internal from another government department but this is my first CTC Check

Hey, I'm in the same position as you were. How long did you wait?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending