The Student Room Group

King's or UCL undergrad for career progression into Finance?

Frankly I'm in a bit of a conundrum right now. In fairness, I don't have an Economics offer from either currently, but they are both my top two choices

UCL is the better university in terms of reputation, especially in terms of being a target, but KCL does have some advantages going for it as well; their banking society appears to have better partnerships, the grade requirements are marginally easier to achieve, and the campus is incredibly central, which is great for networking.

But again, UCL is typically considered a higher target, requiring an A* in Maths (not unachievable, but difficult nevertheless and my main point of contention)

My current grades based on the last mocks were AAA, with History subject to change if my coursework goes well as I was just 4% off an A*. As for Maths, I barely got an A due to an abysmal Stats & Mechanics paper (45- ish), but got 69 and 64 on the pure

What are your thoughts on which I should firm if given the opportunity to firm both, especially for moving into finance/IB? I don't want to regret my decision, but I also want to get in!

If this is the wrong forum to post to, I apologise in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending