The Student Room Group

A levels Stress

Guyss, plss suggest me what to do. I have so much content to revise for my sciences (Phy, Chem, Bio). I literally am two weeks away from the actual exam and I haven't done yearlies. I am revising through topicals but I need to do yearlies. More importantly, what do I do for bio, how do I go about covering the content. Do I revise content from scratch or do I just do past papers? For Physics, I have to practice questions to get better at them but I haven't done topicals for radioactivity and circuits completely. Plus, I am confused about connected bodies in dynamics (pulleys etc.) , do I do stuff I am unsure about or do yearlies. I am do confused about maths. For some reason, I cannot seem to understand the trick being used to answer questions. How can I possibly improve that? Some papers are harder than others. I want harder questions to practice effectively. Lastly, I am so no confident with organic. I haven't memorise all the mechanisms and reactions really well. So do I do that first and them solve questions on the same chapter or do I go directly towards yearly papers. I also am confused about Equilibria and I am taking Cambridge A levels. How can I master that chapter. Someone in a similar position, plss plss reach out. It would be a huge favour. I am absolutely directionless.
That's a lot of work to do in such a short time. You don't have time to do a thorough revision beforehand so I'd recommend past papers, past papers, and more past papers! Especially for Physics! In physics it no use revising theory in most of the topics, its all about applying it on the calculation questions. You'll only realise the pattern of the questions with repeated practice.
For chemistry you better start memorizing those reactions and mechanisms, and write/draw them out over and over again. Try drawing and mind map for reactions. For equilibria watch videos and try to understand it, and see what questions are being asked in the past papers.
You're biggest enemy will be time.
You really should have started earlier and not let all these problems build up till the last minute.
Original post by whendoesthisend
Guyss, plss suggest me what to do. I have so much content to revise for my sciences (Phy, Chem, Bio). I literally am two weeks away from the actual exam and I haven't done yearlies. I am revising through topicals but I need to do yearlies. More importantly, what do I do for bio, how do I go about covering the content. Do I revise content from scratch or do I just do past papers? For Physics, I have to practice questions to get better at them but I haven't done topicals for radioactivity and circuits completely. Plus, I am confused about connected bodies in dynamics (pulleys etc.) , do I do stuff I am unsure about or do yearlies. I am do confused about maths. For some reason, I cannot seem to understand the trick being used to answer questions. How can I possibly improve that? Some papers are harder than others. I want harder questions to practice effectively. Lastly, I am so no confident with organic. I haven't memorise all the mechanisms and reactions really well. So do I do that first and them solve questions on the same chapter or do I go directly towards yearly papers. I also am confused about Equilibria and I am taking Cambridge A levels. How can I master that chapter. Someone in a similar position, plss plss reach out. It would be a huge favour. I am absolutely directionless.

Heya!
You could try going over the material quickly, but it's better possibly to stick to doing lots of practice questions + going through the mark scheme. If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources from revision notes to past papers you can use :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest