The Student Room Group

AHP Second Degree Foundation Year

Hello,

I just wanted some clarification.
I applied to do Speech and Language Therapy as a second degree. My student loan for this was accepted. However, after that, I did not get into my first choice uni's degree program, but was instead accepted into their Foundation Year which would then lead to the Speech and Language Therapy degree.
Since this Foundation Year leads to an AHP course, would I be eligible for a tuition loan? If not, would I still be eligible to apply to the NHS Learning and Support Fund which is the £5000 loan that can be given to students student an AHP course.

Thank you
Original post by konoto1999
Hello,

I just wanted some clarification.
I applied to do Speech and Language Therapy as a second degree. My student loan for this was accepted. However, after that, I did not get into my first choice uni's degree program, but was instead accepted into their Foundation Year which would then lead to the Speech and Language Therapy degree.
Since this Foundation Year leads to an AHP course, would I be eligible for a tuition loan? If not, would I still be eligible to apply to the NHS Learning and Support Fund which is the £5000 loan that can be given to students student an AHP course.

Thank you

Hi there, You would need to make the changes on your application for the team to review. You can find out how to do this here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide
Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, You would need to make the changes on your application for the team to review. You can find out how to do this here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide
Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I updated my student finance application to reflect this, but I was wondering what answer I could expect to receive or whether it's judged on a case by case basis?
Original post by konoto1999
Hi Karen,

I updated my student finance application to reflect this, but I was wondering what answer I could expect to receive or whether it's judged on a case by case basis?

The team will be in contact with you once it has been reviewed. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending