The Student Room Group

joint honour leauge tables

hi on any of the main leauge tables I am unable to specify that I want to do a joint honours/ major-minor course in english literature and philosophy ( maj eng, min phil) , is there a trick i'm missing when looking at leuge tables or do they simply not exist for joint honours? thanks:smile:
Original post by syl.s
hi on any of the main leauge tables I am unable to specify that I want to do a joint honours/ major-minor course in english literature and philosophy ( maj eng, min phil) , is there a trick i'm missing when looking at leuge tables or do they simply not exist for joint honours? thanks:smile:

I don't believe they exist for joint honours. If you want to use data from league tables (and they have many issues), then I suggest you look up each subject separately.
Original post by syl.s

Firstly I would really discourage using league tables when you're making decisions about university applications. They genuinely offer very little merit for you, the applicant.

Most league tables won't list joint honours courses as an option. This is because the things that league tables measure are either department specific (like any measurement on research) or difficult to measure with a small sample size (which each joint honours course typically is).

So many universities call their joint honours programmes different things, that it makes it very difficult for these league table publishers to draw comparisons across a lot of universities holding similar courses that are titled very different things.

Does this answer help?
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
Firstly I would really discourage using league tables when you're making decisions about university applications. They genuinely offer very little merit for you, the applicant.

Most league tables won't list joint honours courses as an option. This is because the things that league tables measure are either department specific (like any measurement on research) or difficult to measure with a small sample size (which each joint honours course typically is).

So many universities call their joint honours programmes different things, that it makes it very difficult for these league table publishers to draw comparisons across a lot of universities holding similar courses that are titled very different things.

Does this answer help?

thank you this does really help :smile:
You can access the underlying data from most league tables for specific courses using the discover uni website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending