The Student Room Group

Can I switch my course at Oxford - single to joint

I applied to Oxford at undergrad level to read classics and English as a joint honours. I do truly love both subjects but classics has always been a bit closer to my heart and always through that if Oxford accepted me for a single honours it would be for Classics because I personally feel like it is my strength and it also has double the acceptance rate to English. This morning I received an offer for English single honours and while I feel so lucky I've never even considered a possibility where I might not be a classicist and was wondering whether, as I technically do have an offer, it would be possible to appeal to Oxford and ask for them to switch me back for a joint honours. Has anyone ever done this, is this even remotely possible???
If you’ve applied for a joint honours and they’ve given you an offer for a single honours for English, then there’s most likely a reason, otherwise they’d have either rejected you or given you an offer for the joint honours, so I doubt they’d give you an offer for the joint honours now after the fact.
Nevertheless, the only way of knowing for sure is to contact them and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending