The Student Room Group

About to drop out of college (RARE)

My name is Luke and I will be dropping out of college. I'm in my first year (year 12) 16 years old and I have been achieving fairly well on tests. The reason that I will be leaving is that the information I'm learning isn't benefiting me much and is very inefficient. I'm not like your average teenager, I don't smoke, drink play video games, eat fast food, watch movies Netflix or use social media instead I invest all my time into training myself through physical training (gym, runs boxing callisthenics) and expanding my knowledge (reading, podcast, courses, audiobooks) after dropping out I will devote my life to my dreams and aspirations. I want to dedicate a lot of time to boxing so that I can become a very good boxer. Continue working on my agency to produce an income online. I will get a job 25 hours per week as well which hopefully is mindless or physical as I'm strong. Dropping out of college in England is illegal. But it's one of the laws where you don't get punished if you break it well is very unlikely. Life will be so much better when I can fully grind and stop using all my mental energy on mindless memorizing killing any creativity. I would appreciate any advice.
Hi luke, if you already have such a good work ethic then it wouldn’t be too difficult for you to continue with college. you’ll have way more opportunities if people knew you left at 18 not 26. As you’ve said you’re a person who doesn’t like to waste time and do things that are “lazy” or “unhealthy” but the image you will portray if you drop out will show exactly that. Persevere for now so future you won’t have any regrets
Reply 2
Original post by Ethereal001
Hi luke, if you already have such a good work ethic then it wouldn’t be too difficult for you to continue with college. you’ll have way more opportunities if people knew you left at 18 not 26. As you’ve said you’re a person who doesn’t like to waste time and do things that are “lazy” or “unhealthy” but the image you will portray if you drop out will show exactly that. Persevere for now so future you won’t have any regrets

Hello my friend, thank you for the reply. The reason for my dropping out is not out of laziness it's more because I have a passion and I want to pursue my dream because in the future I always have the opportunity to retake college but I don't have the opportunity to miss my chances in boxing. I know dropouts tend to be lazy but that's not me. Here are a few reasons why college has been sabotaging my growth in the last few months. 1. When I get home from a full college day I found myself procrastinating and being lethargic. Not only do I have the time at college and travel but I have a lot of wasted time at home which wasn't occurring before.

2. I found myself skipping gym sessions, runs even sometimes boxing just because I was mentally drained or because I had work to do for college.

As I won't be completing my A levels it will be harder for me to find jobs and the jobs I do find will be of lower quality but college mostly opens the doors to dead-end jobs where promotions are very hard. A degree at University is what opens up the doors and I haven't got 3 years to waste so the cost of no college isn't as big as you would think. I have many boxing fights coming up I need to make my family proud and god. I hope this answers your questions thank you. Also a few months ago I had the mindset "I will just stay in college because people who drop out are mentally weak and are not ready for the real world" but I've came to the conclusion that this was just cope because the truth is grinding hard everyday is difficult and college relative to this is easy. I've proved to myself that I can do well at college because I had a 2 week period and I did some revision and I got an A and an A* In the two tests that occurred.

Quick Reply

Latest