The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 1 (9HI0 1A-1H) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone remember the Thatcher interpretation?
Original post by SNOWPUPPY
Does anyone remember the Thatcher interpretation?

something about if her policies were startling or not
Original post by legit4it
Hi guys, I thought Russia paper was really good as my teachers predicted all the topics really well.

I chose the Stalin question and mentioned ;
~ Industry and Agriculture of course stating industry was fundamental but not sufficient without terror and ensured labour productivity as my line of argument whilst agriculture was in essence irrelevant

~ Terror was primary and fundamental as it ensured he gained control of party which allowed for centralised décision making through show trials, secret trials then stated it was wide spread in society during Yezhovchina which ensured obedience and productivity etc etc

~ I then said another widespread reason was his manipulation of the media with personality cults and propaganda prevailing to society but however relied upon military and party successes which came as a result of centralisation of politburo during war

~ Finally I mentioned his indépendance from party during war and plotting zhendov against Beria etc to ensure the state and party competed so Stalin was unchallenged which allowed for ideological successes.

Remember these are very brief lines of argument which were more detailed and backed up in my actual exam.

If u want what I put for the stable society question let me know.

Note: I also countered these points as well to balance my argument

hi do u remember the questions that were on the paper?
if u do can u please tell me
thanks xx
Original post by tealol
I hated this because I hadn’t done anything on topic 1 and the question wasn’t purely topic 2, but I did industry + agriculture as one, control of media + personality cult, terror + secret police but my last pg wasn’t good because I hadn’t done topic 1 at all 🙂

Hi do u remember the question?
please tell me if u do
thanks xx
Reply 284
Original post by legit4it
Hi guys, I thought Russia paper was really good as my teachers predicted all the topics really well.

I chose the Stalin question and mentioned ;
~ Industry and Agriculture of course stating industry was fundamental but not sufficient without terror and ensured labour productivity as my line of argument whilst agriculture was in essence irrelevant

~ Terror was primary and fundamental as it ensured he gained control of party which allowed for centralised décision making through show trials, secret trials then stated it was wide spread in society during Yezhovchina which ensured obedience and productivity etc etc

~ I then said another widespread reason was his manipulation of the media with personality cults and propaganda prevailing to society but however relied upon military and party successes which came as a result of centralisation of politburo during war

~ Finally I mentioned his indépendance from party during war and plotting zhendov against Beria etc to ensure the state and party competed so Stalin was unchallenged which allowed for ideological successes.

Remember these are very brief lines of argument which were more detailed and backed up in my actual exam.

If u want what I put for the stable society question let me know.

Note: I also countered these points as well to balance my argument

hi what was the stable society question and what did you put for it
Reply 285
Original post by Lilytturnerr
i chose to do the class question, i didn't actually finish it though as i ran out of time but my 3 main points i made were that the classes changed in size (upper class declined, middle and lower class grew), changed in leisure pursuits (like they became more integrated between upper & upper middle and lower & lower middle) and that they changed in terms of political power (upper class declined and middle and working class grew with the rise of the Labour Party and life peers).

Hi! I was just wondering if you remembered the time period that was asked in the class structure question? 1918 -? Also, do you happen to remember the exact title? I am trying to plan an essay as practice. Thank you very much.
Reply 286
Original post by spaghettihoops:P
Decline in deference/ ww1, government legislation in interwar years (unemployment benefits etc) and ww2/rationing

Hello! I was wondering if you could please help me with the class structure question. I am trying to plan an essay as practice so I was hoping you would remember the time period it asked for - 1918 - ?. Also, do you happen to remember the exact question so my plan can be as specific as possible. Last question (sorry!) - do you remember the Thatcher question? I've seen some people saying it was on whether her governments were outstanding - did it mean her legacy (theme 4), or how she tackled economic problems (theme 1). Sorry, lots of questions there. Thank you so much in advance for your help.
Original post by 121ab
hello did anybody do option 1c ????????? cant tell how it went lol
what questions did u get plss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending