The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 1 (9HI0 1A-1H) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driaz
It could be similarities, differences, or just simply asking to weigh up successes and failures.

Maybe something like "How far do you agree that the successes of Soviet economic policy outweighed the failures
in the years 1953–85?"
Original post by misseuropa
Maybe something like "How far do you agree that the successes of Soviet economic policy outweighed the failures
in the years 1953–85?"

What theme 1 questions do you think would come up?
They often kinda repeat question topics so maybe religion or education. They haven't asked about other aspects of social security like housing, healthcare etc so they might come up. Potentially media again? Usually section A is about economy/style of government, so maybe another question comparing Khrushchev and Brezhnev again? Last years paper section A was limited to Lenin and Stalin so they might focus on those two or maybe 1928-64??

Do you think Secret Police could be a question?
Original post by legit4it
looking like religion or secret police for theme3 with stalin potential for theme1, not to sure so keep revising anything. Women came up last year so wouldnt weigh that in to heavily to your revision

don't think arts and culture will come up cause it came up last year too
Reply 44
anyone doing 1F in search of the American dream??
Original post by historyalvel
What theme 1 questions do you think would come up?

No too sure, honestly! The questions are often about the nature of gov. They've done How accurate is it to say that Khrushchev’s approach to government was fundamentally similar to Brezhnev’s approach to government? so maybe they might do the opposite and say "fundamentally different" as I believe they've done this with Lenin and Stalin. Last year was on Lenin and Stalin so it would make sense to ask maybe about K & B. Maybe they could do this style of question but with Stalin and Khrushchev? Or Stalin and Brezhnev? I remember one of the Qs in the textbook was something like "How far was Khrushchev able to bring fundamental change to the system of government established by Stalin?" so personally I think it'll be another comparison between govs/leaders

Yeah definitely! They haven't asked a question on that since 2017 I think (and women was on the 2017 paper too and it was on last year's paper). Obviously it's all guesses but they do seem to repeat topics so I think it's likely!
Yeah definitely! They haven't asked a question on that since 2017 I think (and women was on the 2017 paper too and it was on last year's paper). Obviously it's all guesses but they do seem to repeat topics so I think it's likely!

My guess is that itll be focused on religious attacks

Think they could ask about the extent of Secret Police or how it changed. What do you think?

Yeah I've been revising that a lot. I think it's only ever been asked once so
Reply 50
Does anyone have any predictions for 1H Britain Transformed?!? I’m stressing
Think they could ask about the extent of Secret Police or how it changed. What do you think?

Yeah I think so. Anything I guess about it's significance in maintaining control e.g. very important under Stalin but less so Khrushchev. Or yeah about how far it changed? So you could talk about methods, purpose etc.
Reply 52

hi i am, have you got any predictions for the questions? my teacher had predicted khrushchev/brezhnev economy and political theme for section A, terror or social developments for section B
Reply 53
Original post by uglymember
I am

hi i am, have you got any predictions for the questions? my teacher had predicted khrushchev/brezhnev economy and political theme for section A, terror or social developments for section B
Reply 54

hi i am doing russia 1E, have you got any predictions for the questions? my teacher had predicted khrushchev/brezhnev economy and political theme for section A, terror or social developments for section B
Original post by sebmilm123
hi i am doing russia 1E, have you got any predictions for the questions? my teacher had predicted khrushchev/brezhnev economy and political theme for section A, terror or social developments for section B

my predictions are brez/ khrush approaches to gov for sec A and secret police or religion in section B I don't have any predictions currently for theme 2 or 4 so if u guys have any lmk!!
Reply 56
my predictions are brez/ khrush approaches to gov for sec A and secret police or religion in section B I don't have any predictions currently for theme 2 or 4 so if u guys have any lmk!!

for section a do you think it’ll be a choice between a political and economic question? it normally is right?

and for section b, do you think it’ll be a choice between a control of the people and social question? again it normally is?

and for section c it’s very hard to predict apparently but maybe something in glasnost or democratisation
Original post by sebmilm123
for section a do you think it’ll be a choice between a political and economic question? it normally is right?

and for section b, do you think it’ll be a choice between a control of the people and social question? again it normally is?

and for section c it’s very hard to predict apparently but maybe something in glasnost or democratisation

wdym by political q could u be more specific pls

also i think for theme 4 it'll be on housing or healthcare
Reply 58

hi again, do you have insta or snap so we can talk about it a bit easier? what i mean is we do it by themes (1 = political, 2 = economic 3 = control of the people and 4 = social (women/education/social stability) do you reckon there will be a choice of theme 1/2 in section A and a choice of theme 3/4 in section B? and obvs theme 5 is the collapse
Reply 59

and yeh… my teacher predicted something to do with social stability (so essay plan = para 1- social policies, para 2- employment, para 3- housing/healthcare) or it could be a question like “to what extent or how significant were social benefits successful in promoting social stability throughout the years 1917-85, or 1917-53, or 1953-85)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending