The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 1 (9HI0 1A-1H) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have any predictions for what themes will come up and also what time period may come up for the section A?? thanksss
Exdecel Route 2
British experience of warfare
Source ww1 haig
Breaths Navy reforms and recruitment
Depths Crimea war and war in the air
In search of the American dream
Theme 1 Decline in confidence
Theme 2 leaders of the CRMS or how far did the CRM effect Other movements
Theme 3 role of the Media and tv
Theme 4 poverty
Reagan Soical or economies
Reply 82
Do you have any predictions for theme 2?
Original post by legit4it
looking like religion or secret police for theme3 with stalin potential for theme1, not to sure so keep revising anything. Women came up last year so wouldnt weigh that in to heavily to your revision
Reply 83
Original post by sunny_c
anyone doing 1F in search of the American dream??

I ammm
Reply 84
Original post by nadzxox
I ammm

I still need to go over leisure and travel omg its so useless. Do you have any predictions??
Reply 85
Original post by sunny_c
I still need to go over leisure and travel omg its so useless. Do you have any predictions??

Immigration seems very likely to come up, defo over women. Presidency will most likely be the theme 1 essay because they have asked about changing political environment for the past two years. Not too sure what they will ask for theme 4.
Reply 86
how are you revising all the facts and statistics because i'm finding it quite hard tbh 😭
Reply 87
Original post by sunny_c
how are you revising all the facts and statistics because i'm finding it quite hard

I planned all the past paper essays using the textbook and it has gotten facts stuck into my head tbh
Reply 88
will the Reagan topic cover his economic policies?
Original post by Senator jld
Exdecel Route 2
British experience of warfare
Source ww1 haig
Breaths Navy reforms and recruitment
Depths Crimea war and war in the air
In search of the American dream
Theme 1 Decline in confidence
Theme 2 leaders of the CRMS or how far did the CRM effect Other movements
Theme 3 role of the Media and tv
Theme 4 poverty
Reagan Soical or economies
Original post by sebmilm123
hi i am, have you got any predictions for the questions? my teacher had predicted khrushchev/brezhnev economy and political theme for section A, terror or social developments for section B

Hey, My guess, is section A = brezhnev/krushchev government or Stalin's economy (Five Year Plans), section B = social welfare or media and propaganda
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 90
Original post by sunny_c
how are you revising all the facts and statistics because i'm finding it quite hard tbh 😭

I've been going through quizlet flashcards until I get them 100% right and writing facts I continously get wrong on post it notes and sticking them on my wall. I've also been doing past paper questions and only using my facts on quizlet as re writing facts helps me remember. Hope this helps.
Original post by wkathryn17
Hey, My guess, is section A = brezhnev/krushchev government or Stalin's economy (Five Year Plans), section B = social welfare or media and propaganda

Hi, what do you think they would ask about Stalin's economy and media and prop? Have you practised any questions for this? If ya, could you lmk pls!!

For section A my guess is brezhnev/ Khrushchev gov too for theme 1 but for section B anticipating something on housing for theme 4 or religious attacks/ secret police for theme 3
I struggle with my time management a lot.. do you guys have any tips to improve on before the upcoming history exam?
Original post by 3222227
I am prayinggg for a question on women in section B 😭😭 - interpretations you can never really be sure, maybe on appeasement? And then in Section A…hmm… it’s difficult! They’ve asked about Weimar in almost every single past paper in this Section so I really don’t know how they’d ask it again - though could be a potential question!

i am praying for a women section b i wouldnt even mind if it was comparing all 3 eras and imagine nazi economy or popular support would be amazing
Original post by historyalvel
Hi, what do you think they would ask about Stalin's economy and media and prop? Have you practised any questions for this? If ya, could you lmk pls!!

For section A my guess is brezhnev/ Khrushchev gov too for theme 1 but for section B anticipating something on housing for theme 4 or religious attacks/ secret police for theme 3

It could be: "How far do you agree that the benefits of Stalin’s economic policies outweighed the costs in
the years 1928-50?" (from 2017)

And for media "How significant was state control of the
mass media and propaganda in sustaining
the Soviet regime in the years 1917
-85?" (From 2019)

And yeah i agree housing for section B because its never come up ☺️
Reply 95
Housing would be a fit question tbh
If it was on Khrushchev and brezhnevs gov, what would peoples 3 themes be?
Original post by Hugooo_

For me, I would probs do secret police, party-state relations, and economy.
Original post by Hugooo_

This question has already explicitly come up.
For this question, I say that they were fundamentally similar to a small extent.
p1) - the fundamental differences in degrees of centralisation. Despite the continued use of nomenklatura to ensure party loyalty, this was built up during the Brezhnev era but not fundamental change.

p2) - However, the use of cult of personality to push policy was a feature of both leaders governance that saw little to no change.

p3) - The approach to policy was fundamentally similar. Khruschev's government saw a heavy focus on agriculture as it was placed at the centre of planning again with around 1/4 of GDP spent on it in the early 60's. Yes the policy's may have been 100% re3ar3ed (VGL), they still were a clear victory over the military/industrial complex which had been at the centre of Gosplan's concerns for decades under the Stalinist model.

These factors are very interchangeable and there are decent stats in the book to talk about.
As mentioned above, this question is unlikely to come up again as it has been asked point blank before.
Also, the question is unlikely to be just assessing the provision of 'housing', it will be more general into enquiring how the communist scum used their welfare state to degrade the spirit of the people. (you get what i mean)
Hope this helps
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by dogeinvestor
This question has already explicitly come up.
For this question, I say that they were fundamentally similar to a small extent.
p1) - the fundamental differences in degrees of centralisation. Despite the continued use of nomenklatura to ensure party loyalty, this was built up during the Brezhnev era but not fundamental change.

p2) - However, the use of cult of personality to push policy was a feature of both leaders governance that saw little to no change.

p3) - The approach to policy was fundamentally similar. Khruschev's government saw a heavy focus on agriculture as it was placed at the centre of planning again with around 1/4 of GDP spent on it in the early 60's. Yes the policy's may have been 100% re3ar3ed (VGL), they still were a clear victory over the military/industrial complex which had been at the centre of Gosplan's concerns for decades under the Stalinist model.

These factors are very interchangeable and there are decent stats in the book to talk about.
As mentioned above, this question is unlikely to come up again as it has been asked point blank before.
Also, the question is unlikely to be just assessing the provision of 'housing', it will be more general into enquiring how the communist scum used their welfare state to degrade the spirit of the people. (you get what i mean)
Hope this helps

what do you think then could come up for theme 1? Also, Brezhnev/ Khrushchev hasn't come up in over four years I think so there is a strong chance of it coming up
Reply 99
Original post by tteper13502
i am praying for a women section b i wouldnt even mind if it was comparing all 3 eras and imagine nazi economy or popular support would be amazing

i would be so happy, literally crying with joy if this were the case!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending