The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 3 (9HI0 30-39) - 13 June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yep13356728
I think so too! Do you know what came up in last years paper? I think they may ask on recruitment or the populace and the war effort for the breadth question

Last year was a source question on Nelson, a question on Hobhouse and Churchill, a question on WW1 1914-16, conscription and recruitment, and finally role of the population and finance. I don’t think it will be just on recruitment because that came up last year
Reply 81
Original post by Scienceconsumer
Anybody here doing British reforms, 1780-1928? Got a feeling that it’ll be on Trade unions and maybe parliamentary reform for Section B? Section A maybe on the general rent strike but if anybody has some predictions, would be much appreciated <333

1) CDA source question
2) WSPU or radical reformers question
3) Parliamentary reform or impact of reform
Original post by IloveThatcher
Last year was a source question on Nelson, a question on Hobhouse and Churchill, a question on WW1 1914-16, conscription and recruitment, and finally role of the population and finance. I don’t think it will be just on recruitment because that came up last year

Ah I see I wasn’t aware - so then Crimea will definitely come up and possibly war in the air? Do you think they may ask a question on development of technology? I believe they have only done two: one on carronades and one on the tank
Reply 83
Original post by sdosf
write essay plans, and lots of them. Take questions from past papers or make your own with the spec
take the best facts from those plans and try your best to committ them to memory
you could risk only learning 4 out of 5, but there is a chance that the topic you don't study will be the source

you've got this!!

i will try this you absolute life saver!! hope your exam goes better than mine! 😭
Original post by Wabayuhyuh
anyone doing option 36.1: Protest, agitation and parliamentary reform in Britain, c1780–1928? I think the wspu will come up for sure

Yep, i am. Ithink there could be a source q on either CDAs or trade unions (as the last ones came up in 2017 and 2019) and then a section b essay on wspu and maybe radical reformers? I think as long as we revise CDAs and WPSU well, then we should be fine.
What do you think about the breadth question?
Reply 85
(Original post by aloehas_)anyone got predictions for british empire: losing and gaining an empire 1763-1914

my guess is india since i do not believe it was on there last year. same with egypt and sudan. also for the breadth maybe a question on the slave trade.if you also have any ideas lmkk
Reply 86
Original post by cheeee
(Original post by aloehas_)anyone got predictions for british empire: losing and gaining an empire 1763-1914

my guess is india since i do not believe it was on there last year. same with egypt and sudan. also for the breadth maybe a question on the slave trade.if you also have any ideas lmkk

Definitely one of India and Nile valley. No clue for the source question but it won’t be on Canada. Likely that trade and navy will both be there too
Original post by fabiiL
Anyone doing 35.1 i have a google doc with previous years' questions and sources. https://docs.google.com/document/d/13I648FKwPtzAtTgkNCuOqAqFL9nfJJhXO_LxKpF-a-I/edit?usp=sharing
My predictions are: Australia, canada and india. and maybe the slave trade or free trade for section C

America has never been a source question, I think it's extremely likely it will be this time. Regular colonies Canada, India or Egypt
Reply 88
/

Original post by historyalvel
Same im doing rebellion under tudors too!!

not feeling great for this exam, but im rlly praying the source is on Kett's rebellion cause they have never had a source on that other than in the specimen paper. I have some predictions but dk if they right, so we know its definite for sec C it will defo be an option between localities and local governance, then for sec A I'm predicting Ketts or maybe religious changes, then sec B i hope its Northern Earls but i think the other choice will be Tyrones.

If you have any predictions pls lmk!! would be rlly helpful

If anyone got any tips for source q too that would be rlly helpful i struggle with that as well

I would say what puts people's marks down in the source is the provenance. I feel spending just those few minutes extra ensuring you understand WHY the source was written in relation to the question can really change your answer- at the end of the day there has to be a link for the q to be asked. Also according to examiner reports, sometimes answers have been weakened due to listing what is not in the source. If you are going to mention something that is not in the source, make sure its relevant in relation to the provenance and if you don't think you can do that then you may be better off just not including it in your answer. Hope that helped!
Reply 89
Original post by Wabayuhyuh
anyone doing option 36.1: Protest, agitation and parliamentary reform in Britain, c1780–1928? I think the wspu will come up for sure

Last year the source was reformers and the essays trade unionism and chartism so WSPU and contagious will probably come up. I think reformers might come up as an essay question as it hasn't been one for a while. The source will likely be either contagious or trade unionism as they haven't been one for a long time. chartism has come up the last two years in a row so I think it's the least likely depth topic to come up.

For section C I think the impact of the reform acts, the crown and political parties might come up. The aristocracy came up last year and the reasons for reform the last 2 years in a row so they're less likely. Social makeup might possibly come up though.
Reply 90
Original post by Nicholson1882
America has never been a source question, I think it's extremely likely it will be this time. Regular colonies Canada, India or Egypt

America was a source in 2021 I think
Reply 91

It has been in 2021!
Original post by Iyrechko
America was a source in 2021 I think

Original post by fabiiL
It has been in 2021!

Not a real paper, covid
Reply 93
Not a real paper, covid

You may be right, but my predictions for china have been right, even including the 2020 2021 questions as part of the pattern
Original post by fabiiL
You may be right, but my predictions for china have been right, even including the 2020 2021 questions as part of the pattern

Interesting, and what do you think for Empire then?
Any predictions for Paper 3 Rebellion and disorder under the Tudors? Honestly its my worst topic and would like some help on what's likely to come up so I can revise a bit more effectively. Does anyone also have some exemplar essays for topics across the Tudors so I could read through them?
Reply 96
Thanks. In agreement re India and Egypt. I’ve barely revised Navy, anyone else done same re navy/trade?

Reply 98
Original post by historyalvel
If anyone has any revision material like essay plans or anything for rebellion under tudors, that would be so helpful I haven't had much time to make much so if anyones got anything that would be SUCHHHH a great help !!

theres a website called stuvia where u can buy some. I bought mine there and they were like per topic. They re pretty good.
Does anyone know what topics were in last year's paper 3 for Britain: gaining and losing an empire?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending