The Student Room Group

Are they playing me?

My crush would always come over to me whilst I‘m working alone in my work space, like checking up on me.

But then, they would deliberately make me feel jealous... by walking fast, way way infront of me, having conversations with my classmate - when we go for a break.

They want me to see them together

I think, my crush likes me ...always starring at me, always cheeky towards me. Maybe I read had the wrong message.

My crush would privately message me, and they would treat me differently than my classmates on our messaging platform.

My crush started this whole thing first, and I‘ve fallen for their stupid game.
I really hate it. I get very angry what they‘re doing to me.

I saw my crush first out of all of my friends, my crush and I met each other first. I‘ve been in a similar situation in the past and I‘m not fighting for someone to like me...not desperate tbh

I never told them my feelings about them. I hoped by the way I look at them too and smile at them, they could sense that I like them. (- sounds really stupid.)

Are they playing me? Why are they making me feel jealous?
Reply 1
It’s very possible they have a crush on you and wants to make you feel jealous, which is childish. It is also possible they are aware of your feelings and is just teasing you and deliberately trying to make you feel bad. Either way, they are trying to get your attention, whether that be for good or bad reasons I am unsure.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My crush would always come over to me whilst I‘m working alone in my work space, like checking up on me.

But then, they would deliberately make me feel jealous... by walking fast, way way infront of me, having conversations with my classmate - when we go for a break.

They want me to see them together

I think, my crush likes me ...always starring at me, always cheeky towards me. Maybe I read had the wrong message.

My crush would privately message me, and they would treat me differently than my classmates on our messaging platform.

My crush started this whole thing first, and I‘ve fallen for their stupid game.
I really hate it. I get very angry what they‘re doing to me.

I saw my crush first out of all of my friends, my crush and I met each other first. I‘ve been in a similar situation in the past and I‘m not fighting for someone to like me...not desperate tbh

I never told them my feelings about them. I hoped by the way I look at them too and smile at them, they could sense that I like them. (- sounds really stupid.)

Are they playing me? Why are they making me feel jealous?

Short answer: likely, yes.

Sorry to say this, but all of your perceptions could be a misunderstanding, especially if you're a guy. The scenario you've described makes it hard for me to believe that the person you have a crush on is a guy. This person you are passionate about likely knows that you like them and are definitely "playing" with you, not in a good way. They probably don't see the damage they're doing. From your post, it sounds like the actions of a bored person.

What you need to do is value yourself more. So, start behaving in a way that shows your time is valuable - in times of seriousness and banter. You should know where you stand in their eyes.

A red flag is feeling *occasionally* feeling dejected when someone cuts in your conversation, and your crush's attention quickly changes to the other person, but when you try to revive the conversation, they don't redirect their attention. This might be an odd red flag to you but I can guarantee you that this is one sure-fire way of knowing if they like you or not. This further confirms that you're seen as an outlet.
Reply 3
Probably he have a crush on you , he wants to see if you like him or not . But it could be he just playing and pranking you.
Reply 4
Meh, just sounds like normal teenage behaviour...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending