The Student Room Group

Is it harder to get a 6-month placement

I have an offer from Bath Business with two 6-month placements.

From my other universities all the courses have the placement year in year 3.

I find the two 6-month placements more interesting as I would get to do 2 different jobs but it seems a bit odd to have a 6-month placement. Would it be harder to find a 6-month placement than an one-year placement?
Reply 1
Original post by anan0405
I have an offer from Bath Business with two 6-month placements.

From my other universities all the courses have the placement year in year 3.

I find the two 6-month placements more interesting as I would get to do 2 different jobs but it seems a bit odd to have a 6-month placement. Would it be harder to find a 6-month placement than an one-year placement?

If the uni offers it, it probably works. If not they would have changed to one 12 month placement. They also probably have a list of placement providers to help students in this process who are unable to find something independently.
(edited 1 year ago)
Bath has one of the best placement systems in the UK - and it works.
You get lots of help finding the right placement so make Bath your Firm and stop worrying.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Bath has one of the best placement systems in the UK - and it works.
You get lots of help finding the right placement so make Bath your Firm and stop worrying.

thanks but what about housing? wouldn’t it be harder to find a 6-month housing contract?
Original post by anan0405
thanks but what about housing? wouldn’t it be harder to find a 6-month housing contract?

The Placements Officer for the Business course is Nik Irvine - [email protected]
Worth emailing him with exactly this question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending