The Student Room Group

living with retired grandparents

I am applying for student finance for my PGCE course, which starts in September, my parents are divorced, and I rented my own place when started uni, but 6 months ago, I moved in with my grandparents as I could no longer afford it. My student finance goes off my mum's income, but will my new address living with my grandparents affect my loan in any way?
Original post by Charlottewlsh
I am applying for student finance for my PGCE course, which starts in September, my parents are divorced, and I rented my own place when started uni, but 6 months ago, I moved in with my grandparents as I could no longer afford it. My student finance goes off my mum's income, but will my new address living with my grandparents affect my loan in any way?

Hi there, What age are you? Have you self supported yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, What age are you? Have you self supported yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Karen

I have just turned 22. - i have worked from the age of 16/17, i was never given an allowance but I lived with my mum until my 1st year of university as i moved out into private accommodation until 6 month ago.
I have just turned 22. - i have worked from the age of 16/17, i was never given an allowance but I lived with my mum until my 1st year of university as i moved out into private accommodation until 6 month ago.

If you have supported yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of your course you could potentially apply as an Independent Student. You can find out more information about that here: https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/finance-independent-students

Will you be living with your grandparents whilst you attend your course?

Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
If you have supported yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of your course you could potentially apply as an Independent Student. You can find out more information about that here: https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/finance-independent-students

Will you be living with your grandparents whilst you attend your course?

Thanks, Karen

yes I will be living with my grandparents while doing my SCITT.
yes I will be living with my grandparents while doing my SCITT.

You would indicate elsewhere on your application form for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending