The Student Room Group

My parents are living outside of EU and need supportive evidence

Hi,
I have got evidence request from sfe in order to assess me as an independent student.

My parents are living outside of EU, both retired and can not support me because it is not affordable for them to do and puts unacceptable pressure on their living condition.

The requested evidence mentioned that: You told us that your parents are living outside of the EU and it’s not possible for them to support your application.
Send a letter signed and dated by an independent person with good standing in the community. This person can’t be a friend or relative. The letter needs to include:

-The independent person’s relationship to you
-Your situation
-The country your parents are currently living in
-Why your parents’ current situation prevents them from submitting their financial details

My question is what is exactly mean by "prevent them from submitting their financial details". This caused confusion for me and my parents. Can you give me an example of this? I can not understand it.

And second question is that do they have to provide bank statement, payslip or only to fill out PFF2 form?

Thanks.
Original post by aroma1
Hi,
I have got evidence request from sfe in order to assess me as an independent student.

My parents are living outside of EU, both retired and can not support me because it is not affordable for them to do and puts unacceptable pressure on their living condition.

The requested evidence mentioned that: You told us that your parents are living outside of the EU and it’s not possible for them to support your application.
Send a letter signed and dated by an independent person with good standing in the community. This person can’t be a friend or relative. The letter needs to include:

-The independent person’s relationship to you
-Your situation
-The country your parents are currently living in
-Why your parents’ current situation prevents them from submitting their financial details

My question is what is exactly mean by "prevent them from submitting their financial details". This caused confusion for me and my parents. Can you give me an example of this? I can not understand it.

And second question is that do they have to provide bank statement, payslip or only to fill out PFF2 form?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Your parents don't need to support you financially, but we require their income to determine what you're eligible for from us if you're under 25. If for some reason they can't do this, which you have indicated they can't, we need to know why they can't. If this is a mistake, they would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf and send this back with evidence of their income for the 21/22 tax year. Once we have this, we can determine what you're eligible for.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending