The Student Room Group

Do my coursemates think I’m stupid

Ok, i am on a week long course and I am really struggling with my course mates

- one completely disagrees with me all time and is often in front of people - i said her work environment sounds nice based on the fact that she says she loves her job and she was like no its not; I said, it was nice that a certain group get a lot of media support that her team didn’t. (She was supportive of them before) and she said “no it isn’t”; I said why not look for another for a job if she didn’t like her working environment and she was like “i don’t want to move, i live 7 minutes away.” I felt like I couldn’t win so I just walked away.

-another duo were very kind, but one asked me an invasive question about “if i was afraid to tell my parents if I wasn’t Muslim.” She and another colleague in group collectively shut down all my ideas and totally undermined me. Whenever i said something she looked to her colleague who downplayed my ideas and argued with me and then she supported her; when we went to present, I presented all my ideas and the entire class and cohort knew i was right and I showed them….The only person who disagreed with me was the woman above who disagrees with me all the time.

Am i overreacting?
Original post by TRX-47
Probably

Do you think so
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think so

Do they sound racist
Can anyone answer please?
Ok, i am on a week long course and I am really struggling with my course mates

- one completely disagrees with me all time and is often in front of people - i said her work environment sounds nice based on the fact that she says she loves her job and she was like no its not; I said, it was nice that a certain group get a lot of media support that her team didn’t. (She was supportive of them before) and she said “no it isn’t”; I said why not look for another for a job if she didn’t like her working environment and she was like “i don’t want to move, i live 7 minutes away.” I felt like I couldn’t win so I just walked away.

-another duo were very kind, but one asked me an invasive question about “if i was afraid to tell my parents if I wasn’t Muslim.” She and another colleague in group collectively shut down all my ideas and totally undermined me. Whenever i said something she looked to her colleague who downplayed my ideas and argued with me and then she supported her; when we went to present, I presented all my ideas and the entire class and cohort knew i was right and I showed them….The only person who disagreed with me was the woman above who disagrees with me all the time.

Am i overreacting?

There's a girl in my class like the first scenario and istg such people are so annoying and bothersome. Usually they just want attention and wanna be the "right" person or be "on the top". They want to feel special and how their life is so difficult and painful and bothersome and "nobody's ever gonna get my struggles". Such people never change, they will never give you their actual opinion or anything. Walking away was the right decision, it's not worth wasting your time and mental capacity around people like this. Keep them as an acquaintance or just stop talking to them.

Idk what to make of the duo sorry, I can't even begin to understand why they would do something like that.

Def not overreacting. Such people really get to you if you pay any attention to them.
There's a girl in my class like the first scenario and istg such people are so annoying and bothersome. Usually they just want attention and wanna be the "right" person or be "on the top". They want to feel special and how their life is so difficult and painful and bothersome and "nobody's ever gonna get my struggles". Such people never change, they will never give you their actual opinion or anything. Walking away was the right decision, it's not worth wasting your time and mental capacity around people like this. Keep them as an acquaintance or just stop talking to them.

Idk what to make of the duo sorry, I can't even begin to understand why they would do something like that.

Def not overreacting. Such people really get to you if you pay any attention to them.

Thank you so much I thought I was going crazy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending